Phone dialing issue!

rob21974

Reaction score
Love the Droid! The only thing I can't figure out is this. When I speed dial my work voice mail I use to be able to set up pauses so that it would dial my extension and password automatically. For example, in my Blackberry Storm, I was able to speed dial a number like 888-888-8888 (pause)then it would dial my extension 33333, then a pause again, then it would dial my password. Is there any way to do this with the droid??

Droider

Reaction score
I know with fax machines, you can usually put commas into the number to create a brief pause. If you create a contact number through gmail you should be able to add commas (I don't think you can enter commas via the edit contact feature on the phone). Then you can see if the phone respects the commas as pauses. If yes, then you can experiment with the number of commas that are needed.

windstrings

Reaction score
Then you can see if the phone respects the commas as pauses. If yes, then you can experiment with the number of commas that are needed.
Commas do not work the same... especially if you are setting up your voicemail to automatically dial your passcode.

The way you access pauses is,
1. go to contacts
2. find your contact and go to edit contact by using the menu at bottom if you like
3. highlight the number space you want your number... type your numbers and when you need a pause
4. on the lower left you will see the symbols key that has *#( ... hit that.
5. Now you see the pause button.

gas34

Reaction score
you want a wait which is a ; you can get that by pressing the lower left button on the dial pad then select wait

the number should look like 123-123-1234;999 in you contact info

When it dials it will pop up a box asking you if you want to dial the extension or not. Sometimes the pause isnt long enough.

Only thing is if you want to use the speaker phone you have to to press it as soon as it brings up the dialer screen or the pop up box shows up and you cant hit the speaker option until you press to dial the extension.

Gary
Love the Droid! The only thing I can't figure out is this. When I speed dial my work voice mail I use to be able to set up pauses so that it would dial my extension and password automatically. For example, in my Blackberry Storm, I was able to speed dial a number like 888-888-8888 (pause)then it would dial my extension 33333, then a pause again, then it would dial my password. Is there any way to do this with the droid??

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to post a quick one giving kudos to this forum. I was browsing posts and saw this one and quickly realized how much of a pain it is to dial into conference calls, which I unfortunately have to do many times (4-5x/day). So, based on the directions posted here I played around with the pauses and lo and behold, one button push later (after about 10 tries . . .as I am but a farmer from PA), I have my conference call programmed! Thanks to all.

Of course the phone number is now like 22 characters long, but the Droid doesn't seem to mind :)

xliderider

Reaction score
Commas work in the number as pauses, and you don't have to enter it from the Dialer screen. That is what's great about having a slideout keyboard. Just use he keyboard to type in the commas.

nitsuj

Reaction score
No one else is curious enough to ask why a farmer from PA needs to make 4-5 conference calls a day? Checking corn prices?

In 2009, even farming is done by phone apparently. ;-)

windstrings

Reaction score
I had to post a quick one giving kudos to this forum. I was browsing posts and saw this one and quickly realized how much of a pain it is to dial into conference calls, which I unfortunately have to do many times (4-5x/day). So, based on the directions posted here I played around with the pauses and lo and behold, one button push later (after about 10 tries . . .as I am but a farmer from PA), I have my conference call programmed! Thanks to all.

Of course the phone number is now like 22 characters long, but the Droid doesn't seem to mind :)

Too cool! :icon_ banana:

droid85

Reaction score
Phone contact info

I have a question that I have not yet been able to find an answer to I have the HTC incredible and when i dial someones number without the area code 555-5555 I dont get there photo to show up when I dial. But when I dial it with the area code 555-555-5555 it shows up.

Is there a way to set up the area code from which you are calling from so you don't get this every time?