How do I set the phone to dial into a voicemail other then vzw

sterdroids

Reaction score
i want to make a contact so I can press 1 button to dial into a voicemail on my last phone i did it like this

number: 818-555-1212

Mailbox: 818-555-3333

PW: p#0909

so it would look like this

8185551212p#818555333p#0909

and it would pause to dial the MB and PW

how do i do this on the droid?

thanks

cc16177

Reaction score
Go to settings and click call settings and then there is an option to select your voicemail carrier.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Go to settings and click call settings and then there is an option to select your voicemail carrier.

that just sets me up for verizon. i need to call into vonage.

I am having a problem with the Droid pound # sign not being recognized by vonage automated system. i wonder if there will be other automated system the # sign wont work with?

Last edited:

Boris Badenov

Reaction score
Well, to make a pause while dialing you can use “,,” so it may look like 8185551212,,p#818555333,,p#0909
I’m not sure if you need “p#” here at all but I can be wrong (just ask my wife…)
I have Vonage as well and have it set up so it sends me an email when I have message. This way I don’t have to dial in at all and I’m getting messages as an attachments.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Well, to make a pause while dialing you can use “,,” so it may look like 8185551212,,p#818555333,,p#0909
I’m not sure if you need “p#” here at all but I can be wrong (just ask my wife…)
I have Vonage as well and have it set up so it sends me an email when I have message. This way I don’t have to dial in at all and I’m getting messages as an attachments.

Thanks that is correct the way you said minus the "P" you dont need that
its
8185551212,, " , "= Pause or " ; " = wait, and brings on on screen prompt to dial more.

The problem I have is I call an outside # to get my vonage voicemail and I need to hit the " # " to get to the next prompt in automation but the Droid " # " will not work on this vonage automated line.

When you say you forward the voicemail as attachment does it cost extra to do that? can you open them easily on the Droid and not on speaker so nobody else can hear the message thats playing?

thanks!!!

Boris Badenov

Reaction score

Thanks that is correct the way you said minus the "P" you dont need that
its
8185551212,, " , "= Pause or " ; " = wait, and brings on on screen prompt to dial more.

The problem I have is I call an outside # to get my vonage voicemail and I need to hit the " # " to get to the next prompt in automation but the Droid " # " will not work on this vonage automated line.

When you say you forward the voicemail as attachment does it cost extra to do that? can you open them easily on the Droid and not on speaker so nobody else can hear the message thats playing?

thanks!!!

No extra charge for email notifications.
Just go to your Vonage account and choose this option. I don’t remember exact layout there so just pock around and you will find it.
Droid plays these attachments (.wav) with no problem :)

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Thanks! But can you listen through the phone as you were listen to a caller? or you have to listen outloud?

thanks

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
All set works like a charm thanks for reminding me of that feature love it BIGTIME