Phone dialing and messaging while sitting on desk...

DoraGatlin

Reaction score
My 40 day old phone seems to be possessed in the past 2 days or so.

It started the other day by NOT letting me slide the puzzle to answer a phone call. I thought it was odd but it had locked up on occassion before.

Then I noticed that Angry Birds wouldn't play. When I tried to pull back the bird the screen would just get smaller or bigger depending on which way I moved my finger.

The past 48 hours my camera does some really interesting strobe action when it trys to focus and take a photo. Then when I try to see the photo the phone tries to delete the photo. (pop up to delete)

I can lay the phone on the table and it's just clicking like crazy. I look at it and it's dialing or going online or some other random thing. I was trying to send a message tonight and it was typing by itself and would not let me delete. If I held the backspace key down you could actuallly see the keys highlighting and forming words.

Does anybody have any clue what is causing this or how to solve it?

I bought the phone the Sunday before Thanksgiving at Walmart. Its too late to return the phone there and unsure if Verizon will honor a return of a phone not purchased from them.

Thank you in advance for your help. This is totally driving me crazy!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
If you haven't done so, power it off and on again. Just like a computer, because it is just a small computer, it occasionally needs to reset. Every few days should be sufficient.

Hold down the power button until you get the power off slider. Leave it off for 10 or more seconds and start it again. If that does not work pull the battery, put it back in, and restart the phone.

MKKH10

Reaction score
I honestly don't know, but that is freaky!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
D

DoraGatlin

Reaction score
If you haven't done so, power it off and on again. Just like a computer, because it is just a small computer, it occasionally needs to reset. Every few days should be sufficient.

Hold down the power button until you get the power off slider. Leave it off for 10 or more seconds and start it again. If that does not work pull the battery, put it back in, and restart the phone.

I did this as soon as it started. It seems to help for a short time but then it starts up again. I will try again though.

I thought maybe resetting it to factory mode made help but didn't really want to delete all my contacts etc.

I have a friend who has some type of android phone that dials when nobody is touching it but it doesn't do all these crazy things.

OP
D

DoraGatlin

Reaction score
Rebooting did not help, nor did removing the battery. I'm sitting here watching my phone do all sorts of things without my assistance.

I went into Task Manager and I have NOTHING running. I even deleted a few, I only had 7 total to start, programs but it did not help.

SO frustrating!:mad::mad:

MKKH10

Reaction score
Don't you have a warranty?

OP
D

DoraGatlin

Reaction score
Don't you have a warranty?

I'm sure there must be a warranty. Problem is that I bought it from walmart which I've never done before so not sure how it will play out. I thought maybe there was an easy fix so asked here first.

wiggie

Reaction score
Same Problem!

Hey I have had the same problem as you really and even after resetting the phone it continues to happen. I got my phone on black Friday and my problems started right away. Due to the 90 warranty that the phone does cover through samsung, Verizon is sending me a new one.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most phones have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. This sounds like it should be covered!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

DoraGatlin

Reaction score
Hey I have had the same problem as you really and even after resetting the phone it continues to happen. I got my phone on black Friday and my problems started right away. Due to the 90 warranty that the phone does cover through samsung, Verizon is sending me a new one.

It's good to know I'm not crazy! LOL
I called Verizon and spent over an hour on the landline working with a nice gal who laughed with me and not at me when the phone would take off and do it's own thing every step of the way. We re-set it among other things and it onlly seemed to get worse. She overnighted me a "New" phone.

Sadly their replacement phones are refurbished but the warrantly is still as if it were a new one.

Hopefully our 2nd phones will be better than our first ones. :)