Phone call recording

bonesjones

Reaction score
Is it possible with rooted d3?

I don't want legal talk please.

Reaction score
I've spent a long time looking for a phone call record app, to this date I've been unsuccessful.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
bonesjones

bonesjones

Reaction score
I've spent a long time looking for a phone call record app, to this date I've been unsuccessful.

Yeah same here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The manufacturers bend over backwards not to let a native app record phone calls. You can only get those that record from a speaker. It is illegal in most states to record conversations without consent, and not submissable in courts. Ask Linda Tripp, who recorded Monica Lewinsky while she lived in Maryland, I believe.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
bonesjones

bonesjones

Reaction score
The manufacturers bend over backwards not to let a native app record phone calls. You can only get those that record from a speaker. It is illegal in most states to record conversations without consent, and not submissable in courts. Ask Linda Tripp, who recorded Monica Lewinsky while she lived in Maryland, I believe.

Well in Alabama so long as one person (me) consents to the recording it's all legal.

So because most of the country has a law, I'm not allowed to.
I mean do any of us actually care?
if i pay for my employee's phones, and i make them sign something saying i'm recording their buisness phones. I think i should be able to.

jamesjones25

Reaction score
I been unsuccessful each time I seach an recorder app. All the call recording apps on the market don't work.

cyber3dx

Reaction score
There must be a forum where you can ask a developer to hack something for you. It can't be that hard to do - just illegal. May be there's something out there, you just have to ask the right person.

Reaction score
There must be a forum where you can ask a developer to hack something for you. It can't be that hard to do - just illegal. May be there's something out there, you just have to ask the right person.

Its not illegal. I live in mississippi which is a one person consent state. And you can record people in states where all parties must consent, so long as you let all people know that they're going to be recorded.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I was not taking about consent. If I call up for support, we are all faced with "this call may be recorded". Anytime I hear someone wants to record, it is usually for surreptitious motives.

timp

Reaction score
This was not possible on the Droid 1, 2, and X, so I'm assuming it's probably the same on the rest of the Motorola phones. Most HTC devices support call recording with a simple kernel patch.

doogald

Reaction score
I'll start this by saying that I have never tried this, but if you call using Google Voice, you can set an option to record a call. You press "4" while in the call to start recording; it is supposed to announce that the recording is about to start.

See Recording calls - Google Voice Help

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'll start this by saying that I have never tried this, but if you call using Google Voice, you can set an option to record a call. You press "4" while in the call to start recording; it is supposed to announce that the recording is about to start.

See Recording calls - Google Voice Help
Yep, just confirmed that this works. The announcement is, "This call is now being recorded."

But there's a catch; it only works if someone calls your Google Voice number -- it doesn't work if you originate the call:

Recording calls - Google Voice Help

It's not currently possible to record outbound calls made through your Google number at this time. If this is a feature you'd like to see added to Google Voice, please send us your feedback.

EDIT: out of curiosity, I wondered what would happen if the side that recorded pressed the mute button before starting to record. Guess what? Both sides still hear the announcement. :p

-Matt

Last edited: