Phone call recording app?!?!

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good app that you can record calls with?

I have some legal matters I have to make some calls on and want to make sure I have the calls recorded...

Any suggestions would help...Thanks,

iceman373

Reaction score
Unless you tell someone they are being recorded you risk getting arrested under wiretap laws

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shizumie

Reaction score
Some states have a law that as long as one party involved is aware the convo is being recorded itvis legal. Ie you can record yourself talking to someone within the same state. You cannot tap or mic the convo of two othets were neither nows that they arr being recorded. You need to ask a cop, or lawyer, or even google your state.
As for recorder i use call recorder, an app that came with my rom das bamf, for thunderbolt. Not sure if its in market or not.
Best of luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Thanks, that helps a lot. I planed on telling them I'll be recording the call, I just actually want to do it. I'll have to check that app out.

Sent from my DX running LGB on DroidForums

v_d30

Reaction score
OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
thanks, I downloaded "AutoCallRecorder" and tested it out. It seems to be working pretty good.

AJK2011

Reaction score
I use Call Trunk. They have an app that you can download for free. Works great.

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
Some states have a law that as long as one party involved is aware the convo is being recorded itvis legal. Ie you can record yourself talking to someone within the same state. You cannot tap or mic the convo of two othets were neither nows that they arr being recorded. You need to ask a cop, or lawyer, or even google your state.
As for recorder i use call recorder, an app that came with my rom das bamf, for thunderbolt. Not sure if its in market or not.
Best of luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Agreed.

Some states allow recording if only one party knows about it and if you are invited to the conversation, and the other parties are in your same state, then all that's needed is that you 'know' about the recording. However, if they are in another state, I can't say what state's law applies, but I would guess that the more restrictive state's law would need to be followed; a lawyer could probably ascertain that for you.

As for asking a cop, I'm not certain that will assure you the correct answer. In my experience, you've got a 50/50 chance of getting the right answer as it often depends on the LEO's personal experience. A patrol cop may be well versed in laws that they enforce in the streets, but may not really know the correct answer when it comes to call recording laws...or, they actually might. A detective might be a better option, but again, in my experience, it's a toss up. Nothing against police, just that they typically specialize and may not have much experience or knowledge outside of their particular area, or they actually might know the pertinent laws, but you won't know unless they are forthright enough to just say that they don't know. I've found that many people don't like to admit that and will just give an answer, correct or not.

The same goes for lawyers, I'm sure, but I have found that they usually have a broader knowledge base of your state's law.

Since the OP intends to just inform the other person, it's a moot point as 'wiretapping' laws are only if a call is intercepted and being an actual party to the conversation precludes the 'interception' and all that's needed is a simple statement that the call is recorded.