phone call problems

maz227

Reaction score
Hey guys. Pretty new here to the forum. This is a great place. A problem I am having is almost every phone call I receive the person calling me can't hear me for several seconds. I answer the phone and I say "hello" and the person keeps asking if I'm there. I hear them just fine but my callers can't hear me. They either say I sound like I'm really far away from the phone or is just open air and can't hear anything. Usually after 4 or 5 times of going back and forth with "hello" or "are you there" we can finally have a conversation. Now I know it sounds obvious that maybe I have something wrong with my phone however, this is my second droid and both of them have done it. Also my buddy has a droid and he has the same exact problem. My wife has a verizon phone that isn't a droid and her phone is fine so I don't think its a problem with the verizon tower. So...... any suggestions? Thanks guys. Oh and in case it matters my phone and my buddys phone is stock. No rooting or anything else.

Benton

Reaction score
I have also noticed the delay but it is more of the 0.5 to 1 second time frame, usually means I need to answer with two "hello's" and the second one sticks. I have just gotten used to it. Strange thing about this issue is that when I use a bluetooth hands-free or Sync in the car it works without delay. Like I said, I just learned to live with it and don't even think about it anymore...have had the phone since November 2009.