Phone battery "appears" to die from full charge in 1.5 hours...we need a rescue!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey all, this member PM'd me and presented with the following;

FoxKat said:
snoony2 said:
Why on a 1 1/2 he trip would my battery go from 100% to 0. I plugged in my car charger and it didn't help. I was hardly using the phone.

Truth is your battery likely didn't go from 100% to 0%, but your METER did. The battery would have to dump all of its charge in that 1.5 hours, at a rate that is extremely high. Your battery is either (RAZR) 1,780mAh or (MAXX) 3,300mAh, so in order to go from full to depleted in 1.5 hours, the RAZR battery would need to discharge at a rate of nearly 1.2 Amperes/hour. This is extremely unlikely and the phone would most likely have shut down LONG before even 10 or 15 minutes was up due to overheated battery. In the case of the MAXX, that would be 2.2 Amperes/hour and if the phone could discharge the battery at that rate, the phone would have been scorching hot, and again would have shut down for protection.

What almost certainly happened is that the meter is completely out of calibration and what was showing as 100% charge could have been even as little as only 20% or 30%.

You need to do a meter training. I am going to post this PM to the forum and send you a link to the thread. One of my team members will walk you through the process. It will take essentially 2 days to complete but once done your battery and meter will be back in alignment and when the meter says you have 80% remaining of charge, you will have 80% remaining.

Please help troubleshoot and determine if he actually did have one or more rogue applications sucking down power, but also please walk him through the meter training. I find it hard to believe the phone could withstand such a tremendous discharge rate for any period of time, let alone 1.5 hours.

Thanks! :hail:

rwking

Reaction score
My phone is having the same problem - discharging tremendously fast. I was unsuccessful in finding the guide to recalibrate the meter. Can you point me to it? Thanks in advance.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My phone is having the same problem - discharging tremendously fast. I was unsuccessful in finding the guide to recalibrate the meter. Can you point me to it? Thanks in advance.

Calibrating the meter is actually quite simple.

Step 1) Power off your phone.
Step 2) Plug into the stock charger and stock cable and allow the phone to boot into Charge Only mode.
Step 3) Allow the phone to charge for at least 3.5 hours for the RAZR, and 5.5 hours for the MAXX. To be sure you've reached a 100% charge, briefly press and release one of the volume control buttons.
Step 4) Once the phone is fully charged to 100%, remove it from charge and power up normally.
Step 5) Use the phone normally over the next day or longer, until the phone displays the "Low Battery" pop-up warning at 15%.
Step 6) Re-do steps 1 thru 4.

You're done.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

droidcathy

Reaction score
Battery is a big common problem of smartphone,the only we can do is make it full charged,and use up the battery before charging.