Solved Phone Applications Shutting Down Suddenly

Cheryl Tay

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S9
Phone: Samsung S9

I had just changed a new SIM card yesterday. Previously my phone was functioning normally. But after changing the SIM card and APN (needed by service provider) and activating it, apps keep shutting down abnormally. The rest of my friends who changed previously has no issue.
Basic applications like Samsung Email, Gmail, Samsung Pay, has so far closed itself when clicked, and shown <'XX' Keeps Stopping>. When uninstalled and reinstalled, first opening of app works fine, until closed and tried to open again. I restarted the phone, removed the SIM, etc. same issue. Even when I turned off the data and only used wifi, same issue. This all only started when I changed the SIM, and have never experienced this before. While the instigator may be the SIM card, it is probably now the device issue. I have not changed any settings apart from what is needed for the SIM to work, and actually even reset the system settings to see if it might help.
Any ideas what it may be, what might have caused it, or what would solve it?

JandN2639

Reaction score
You may have a defective card. I would contact your carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Phone: Samsung S9

I had just changed a new SIM card yesterday. Previously my phone was functioning normally. But after changing the SIM card and APN (needed by service provider) and activating it, apps keep shutting down abnormally. The rest of my friends who changed previously has no issue.
Basic applications like Samsung Email, Gmail, Samsung Pay, has so far closed itself when clicked, and shown <'XX' Keeps Stopping>. When uninstalled and reinstalled, first opening of app works fine, until closed and tried to open again. I restarted the phone, removed the SIM, etc. same issue. Even when I turned off the data and only used wifi, same issue. This all only started when I changed the SIM, and have never experienced this before. While the instigator may be the SIM card, it is probably now the device issue. I have not changed any settings apart from what is needed for the SIM to work, and actually even reset the system settings to see if it might help.
Any ideas what it may be, what might have caused it, or what would solve it?
I've seen this article in a few places now. Might help, might not but worth a try.
Quick fix for crashing Android apps is through WebView update uninstall