phantom skinz rule

angelman

Reaction score
I know this sounds like a corny advert but I recently bought the phantom skinz for my droid. I have always covered my gadgets with zagg invishield and until recently wasn't aware of the alternatives.
Well the phantom skinz are cheaper well you get 2x for your money). They don't come in a fancy package or with any application solution "water with a drop of soap". They do come with an "applicator" otherwise known as a blank credit card with an advert on it.
There were a number of small pieces to cover everything and I really took my time doing it. I have always managed ok more or less with the zagg shields and hoped this would not be any harder.
I followed the instructions, took the battery out and after an hour or so had everything put on. I waited a couple of hours for everything to dry. I hoped that I had everything clean and smudge free at this point!
The result after a couple of days was great. Better than the zagg I felt. There is noticabley less of the orange peel effect, touch sensitivity is just the same. It is not quite as non slip as the zagg but that is good on the screen itself. Sure the back plate goes from being rubbery matte to shiny but I can live with that. The back face of the phone is an ugly mess anyway I think.
All in all highly recommend and probably better than the zagg I would say.

don_813

Reaction score
i ordered phantom skinz as well as they had a 50 percent of sale for 2 kits in 1, so therefore i got 2 shields for droids for 5 dollars (free ship and no tax) also bought some for my env touch.

ill tell u how it goes, ALSO i have left over zagg spray that i am going to use for the phantom skinz i hope it will work lol

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
Just take it slowly and carefully and you will be fine. Make sure everything is as clean as can be. One thing that I didn't really read in the instructions until later was how to deal with the corner tabs. The little thin pieces that stick to the side are kind of tricky specifically on the corners. I just kept pressure on them until they finally stuck. The instructions said to not stick them down until everything was a bit drier which in hindsight would have made it easier.
Don't be afraid of the water. I had quite a bit on mine (keep your fingers wet) and had no problems after a couple of hours of drying. After a couple of days once everything had shrunk and dried the finish was perfect.