phantom skinz or invizishield?

Empyreal

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Clear Armor by Case Mate? Their full body coverage looks better than Invisible Shield's.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Has anyone tried Clear Armor by Case Mate? Their full body coverage looks better than Invisible Shield's.
Looks like the same amount of parts to me. I doubt they go all the way to the edges of the phone, otherwise it's too hard to install.

Got my Invisible Shield and am completely happy with it.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
ive had great success with the ZAGG invisibleshield on the iDont. i dont know how i feel about geting a full body on the droid (i love the rubberdized back) but definitely one for the front

ryanm

Reaction score
the IS is nice but its literally at least 14 pieces and it doesnt cover any corner. Not sure how the others work but I'm tempted to cut the scraps up and put them on the corners.

Also I like(d) the shiny look, but now every little finger print of fiber/hair on it stands out.

I always tear of any sticker or plastic on my new phone so it'll be tempting me...hopefully it holds up. I found a 25% offcoupon online and it worked so 20 shipped.
Both IS and PS have lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

The HITMAN

Reaction score
PhantomSkinz screen protector installed today. It is totally PHANTOM like and I don't notice it on my screen AT ALL. Screen protector install was easy with the PhantomSkinz but I could imagine the full body install being a lot more time consuming and involved.

For screen protector only, the PhantomSkinz cannot be beat. It does well with warding off oils, smudges, and fingerprints and doesn't effect the sensitivity of the screen AT ALL.

ScottDroid

Reaction score
PS

I agree the Phantom Skinz screen protector is perfect, not really sold on the whole body... I guess it would protect the back from scratches.

Screen protector though is perfect just like it was on iPhone, doesnt hinder screen swipes, no orange peel or rainbowing. Was a good purchase.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I really don't recommend these things at all. The actual protection these offer from a normal situation (like dropping it while walking down a sidewalk) is pretty bad. You can't expect much protection from something you can wet and slap on to the phone. It would protect from scratches, maybe some small bumps, but dropping it on the ground I wouldn't feel confident.

Invest in a hard plaastic see-through case in the verizon store. Little bulky, and yes it won't fit in the docks without removing the back piece, but it will offer much better protection. Its better than slapping 500 bucks out for a new one of these expensive devices.

ScottDroid

Reaction score
Dropping

FYI you drop the phone with a glass screen even with a hard case on it your buying a new phone or at the least getting the broken screen repaired.

If your worried about dropping your best bet is insurance, the skins are more to protect from scratches.

holee

Reaction score
Reposting a mini review I wrote on Howardforums of the Phantom Skinz protector/guard.

I applied most of the Phantom Skinz full body kit on my Droid last night. I put on the front, back, and half of the sides and top. It took me about 30 minutes to do. I could have done it in less if I didn't keep getting distracted.

Why did I only apply half? Because the sides are a pain in the rear to apply, and I got bored by the end of the night. I may finish it later, or I may not. The front and back are very easy, but the sides require delicate hands and patience. They don't stick as easily, since the sides are smaller and curved.

This is my first time putting on one of these skins, and if it's not obvious, I didn't quite treat it delicately, but I still like the end result.

The phone fits into the dock with no issues. The casing looks darker now, which I like. The glass doesn't seem to be any less sensitive. I like how it doesn't smudge as easily as it did before, and I'm no longer worried about putting stains on it. I didn't notice any more or less glare, or change in color/brightness. The one thing I did notice is that the glass is now, for lack of a better word, stickier. It's a little harder to slide your finger over it due to the protector. You can compensate by exerting less force.

Also, I got a $1 traveler's size Johnson Baby Wash at my local store (since that's what Phantom Skinz recommends). I was going to buy a full sized bottle, but happened by the traveler's size section and they had a bunch there.

Finally, my phone restarted on me when I finished taking the photos. Sliding the keyboard in and out rapidly caused something to crash. :(

I like it, I'll keep it on, and I may apply the rest of the skin later.

Phone in dock, with skin on.

Phone with keyboard slide out. You can see the contrast in dark colors where the Verizon logo is (no skin) to the LCD.

Back of phone. The protector covers the flash, which some people like as it creates a more diffused flash.

Sides of phone. You can see the millimeter gap folks are talking about. It's on the top part of the phone, above the camera button. I could have made it look smaller if I spaced out the skin pieces better, since they're in multiple pieces. You can also see how thick (or thin) the Phantom Skinz is.

Top of phone. Top part has the skin. Bottom doesn't. This is where I started to get frustrated.

And the front of the phone, with the protector on.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I just ordered the Phantom Skinz tonight on Amazon for $17 for 2.

I was going to buy Ghost Armor but their Paypal is broken and after 3 days they still have not replied to an email about it.

foolie

Reaction score
I tried the full body, but I can't steer away from the matte feel the back gives me along with the cool metal rim. I have decided to go naked + holster combo, but with a zagg screen protector.

I have phantom, bse, invisibleshield on several of my gadgets, I can't distinguish between phantom and invisible, but BSE is of a lesser quality (but it's ridiculously cheaper). It just comes to which skin is cheaper at the time you decide to buy. Warranty replacements from Phantom & Invisible are very well done as well, usually takes 2 days from the time i place my request for a replacement to get to my house for either of them.

Batfan

Reaction score
Only problem I noticed with the Invisishields product is that it voids the warranty on your phone. This was told to me at Verizon. It voids the warranty because they use liquid to adhere the protective screen on the phone....and I watched them do a demonstration...pending on who does your phone...they're not very careful of where the water drips :icon_eek:

BachinPhx

Reaction score
ive had great success with the ZAGG invisibleshield on the iDont. i dont know how i feel about geting a full body on the droid (i love the rubberdized back) but definitely one for the front
+1 for the rubberized back. Put a PS on my screen today. Not sold yet on the slightly "sticky" feel. Not bad compared to the BSE I used to have but compared to the nice and slick glass on the stock Droid, I am not 100% sure.