Personalized Notification Sounds

Erich_F

Reaction score
I just got handcent and got it all set up right except I have every number duplicated in the contacts, it wasnt like this before I did hndcent, I have looked all over the phone for a thing I can uncheck, any ideas???

Do a manual sync with gMail and reboot the phone. See if it cleans up your contacts.

mrgagentleman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did download and install RingDroid, which is a great little app. It actually created the folders on the SD card for me, which was nice:

/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications

Now in the future, I can either use RingDroid to customize songs or sounds, or simply drag and drop whatever I want into those folders. This stuff needs to get into the Droid FAQ...good info.

Good stuff! Worked for me also! Now I can stop using that annoying Chris Tucker notification....lol

Erich_F

Reaction score
Kyosho Caliber 90 See my gallery for my own two girls...

21996-01l.jpg

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
Well I'll be sheep dipped!... Ringdroid worked for me too!... only app I know of that can add notification sounds as well as ringtones, Alarm, or music.. swaaweeet!

I always missed it before because the "save" icon didn't give any hints that it also did the rest.