Permission Denied / Operation not permitted all of a sudden!

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just installed Fission ROM two days ago, my first custom ROM. I've really been enjoying it, but all of a sudden all of my permissions have been removed. I am no longer able to do anything in ADB - mount, push, cp, etc, I get permission denied or mount: operation not permitted. I was able to do these type of commands with no problems before I installed the Fission ROM. After some searching, it sounds like my device does not have root. So I attempted to re-root the device, but again I'm stuck when trying to mount the system as RW. Any ideas how to get my permissions back? I even tried a terminal emulator to manual root and got permission denied. Please help! Thanks for the help

OP
R2D|2OID

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Also, when I would adb devices it used to come up with my Droid 2 almost immediately, now it shows nothing, nothing, nothing.. and then all of a sudden 60-180 seconds later it will appear out of nowhere. Ideas? Thanks

OP
R2D|2OID

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I should add, all of my root access required apps work fine, and the superuser window appears for me to allow, as it always did before. So the device is rooted.

chaaaad

Reaction score
There are a few apps that fix permissions. Jrummy's Droid Overclock has it in the "Extras" section.

OP
R2D|2OID

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that, but still have the same issue. Any other suggestions?