Permissions issue

dooop

Reaction score
Alright so i may just be overlooking some oblivious thing,im quite new to droid modding however ive rooted my droid and flashed my phone to squidly's v2.3.20 rom without issue however when i try an delete any factor installed app through the terminal emu on the phone, either through the shortcut commands programmed into the rom or the full command the emu tells me $permission denied.

SU permissions are granted to terminal when im attempting this and
my only though is that the 1 click root didnt fully work

any insight on the issue, things to try, solutions, etc....?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Which root app did you use?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
D

dooop

Reaction score
Dorootwin_2.1.4 is the zip files name

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haven't heard of that one...though I'm sure there are a few that I'm not aware of. The ONLY "one click" app I've yet to hear anything bad about is z4root. It has to be dl'd from xda now though.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
D

dooop

Reaction score
Yeah not what i used
:( im hoping its not a root issue lol

OP
D

dooop

Reaction score
Well i solved my problem with titanium backup but i would still like to know why i couldnt do it through terminal comands for curiosities sake

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i solved my problem with titanium backup but i would still like to know why i couldnt do it through terminal comands for curiosities sake

Could be, as you said, root was not completed. Hard to say being that I'm not very familiar with the method used. If it gives you an unroot option and you would like to try z4root, I can email you the apk for it.

OP
D

dooop

Reaction score
It does give me an unroot option but ive circumvented the issue and thats good enough for the momount, besides if i do unroot and reroot, ill be rerooting manually. Apreciate the help though thank you

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

holmes6

Reaction score
I'm not running squidly so I can't confirm, but I think you just need to remount the drive in rw
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

OP
D

dooop

Reaction score
I upgraded to 2.3.20.1 and the commands are working now, im guessing it did in essence the same thing that command would do in the process, thanks though good to know if the problem arises again

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Dorootwin_2.1.4 is a pretty good one click program that uses exactly the same instructions to root and unroot the phone that you find in many links. It runs a DOS bat file and uses ADB commands to do the work. You do not need the Android SDK on your computer, but you do need to have the proper drivers installed.

I am not sure the Unroot part works, because when I tried it, it ran the root program instead of the unroot. The unroot.bat file calls the doroot.bat file with an argument to run the unroot portion of that file.