PDF, Word, Excel

cplum

Reaction score
What is the best app paid or free that let's you view attachments in exchange mail (PDF, Word, Excel, etc.)?

mact

Reaction score
how google docs on the droid?

There is a PDF viewer in the droid marketplace. Have not tested it. There is a full set of MS office reading apps for about $15 on the market place. Search market and you shall find<G>

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like docs to go, it will do 2 out of the 3 and is really good at it, the paid version will do pdf documents, and with the paid version you can edit them all. I did see while looking at the app, they were having a sale on it.. for half off. until i think the 16th of November (for anyone interested)

neffirg

Reaction score
RepliGo Reader seems to work pretty well for pdf. I have the Droid User Guide in pdf on my phone, and that app works pretty well for reading through the guide.

Gravy

Reaction score
Adobe Reader LE

Will the Adobe Reader LE work on the Droid?

BPB

Reaction score
Google Docs...but...

I use Google Docs.

I also use Google Docs, but I like Docs to Go (I use the paid version). For whatever reason, I question the full spreadsheet support in Google Docs (depending on how complex one's spreadsheets are).

Is it just me or can you not upload documents to the Google Docs mobile site? When I click for the full site, on my Droid, it tells me my browser is incompatible. So basically, how do you get a document (let's say a spreadsheet you've edited with Documents to Go) onto Google Docs from your Droid?

solar

Reaction score
I like Documents to Go also. I used repligo forever on my windows mobile device because the adobe app for it was horrible. Repligo didn't used to read PDF, maybe it does not. I haven't tried the android version.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Google Docs.

I also use Google Docs, but I like Docs to Go (I use the paid version). For whatever reason, I question the full spreadsheet support in Google Docs (depending on how complex one's spreadsheets are).

Is it just me or can you not upload documents to the Google Docs mobile site? When I click for the full site, on my Droid, it tells me my browser is incompatible. So basically, how do you get a document (let's say a spreadsheet you've edited with Documents to Go) onto Google Docs from your Droid?

You might experiment with the gDocs app and the GDocs IO Extras add-on ($.99) in the Market. It looks like it might do what you're looking for. If it does, I'd be interested in knowing.

As far as Docs to Go spreadsheet support, I've experienced a similar problem. I received what appears to be a Excel spreadsheet that cannot be read by Docs to Go. I suspected that it might have been created by an Excel lookalike (either Google or Open Office). Tried reading it with native Excel on my computer and it worked. I then saved it as a native Excel app and emailed it to myself. Once that was done I was able to use Docs to Go to read it and manipulate it on my phone.

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
+1 for Docs to Go. I'm pretty damn cheap, so it hurts dropping too much cash on apps, but I use the edit functionality to work on Word docs, spreadsheets, and Powerpoint presentations that my partner sends to me...and it works out pretty well. Once in a while I have problems with certain docs like everybody else, it really is a phone, not a computer, so I accept a speed bump once in a while.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Docs to Go. I'm pretty damn cheap, so it hurts dropping too much cash on apps, but I use the edit functionality to work on Word docs, spreadsheets, and Powerpoint presentations that my partner sends to me...and it works out pretty well. Once in a while I have problems with certain docs like everybody else, it really is a phone, not a computer, so I accept a speed bump once in a while.

I also use Docs to Go. And while I wouldn't vouch for its performance with huge spreadsheets, I wouldn't try working on huge spreadsheets on my phone either. I have encountered one problem with spreadsheets, however. Some "faux excel" programs (e.g. Google spreadsheets and Open Office) appear to create Excel formats (i.e. .xls and .xlsx) that are not readable by Documents to Go.

The workaround when I encountered this problem with a spreadsheet sent to me via email was to open the problem spreadsheet on my computer in Excel, save it, and send it to myself via email. At that point, of course, Documents to Go opened it without a problem.

I realize this workaround isn't always feasible but I note it only for those who believe Documents to Go is the problem with a spreadsheet when in reality it is the program that created it.

BPB

Reaction score
You might experiment with the gDocs app and the GDocs IO Extras add-on ($.99) in the Market. It looks like it might do what you're looking for. If it does, I'd be interested in knowing.

I'll check these out. I don't think I'm able to create a Google Doc on the mobile site either; at least not without an extra app or something.