PDAnet install issues.

jetdoc

Reaction score
I have PDAnet now installed on my X, I had it on my DIC and also on my laptop as the DIC was tethered to my laptop. For some reason PDAnet would not open on my laptop when I tried to tether the X to it, so I uninstalled PDAnet and downloaded again.

Now on every site I go to I keep getting the following message as it goes along in the installation process. BTW, I do remove the previous versions of PDAnet and I have a program, 'Revo uninstaller' that usually gets out all the files from programs.

'An existing Android USB driver is found on your computer. You can remove it if it has problems. Select yes to re-install or no to keep driver'.

If I select 'yes' a popup states, 'please make sure your Android phone has been disconnected from the computer and select ok to continue. If you have a Samsung Android please cancel and install a driver from list, blah, blah blah'

So the X is not connected and I select 'ok' and another popup comes up to state about performing the following to complete usb driver installation. And how to 'debug' my X, which I have. Then to connect phone, which I do, but it still will not load properly.

Then finally a error code comes up, 'error= 104 and 103'...plz wait for driver installation to complete, (it never does), it then has a web addy to go to for error with drivers, 'junefabrics.....', but that does not help either.

Any ideas...?

ffej89

Reaction score
I would use EasyTether. After the trial period its only 10$ where pdanet is 30$. If you still have the issue with easytether let us know.

OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score
Thx, with easytether, I would have to uninstall PDA on my X, then go through the install process on X and computer..?

ffej89

Reaction score
I have both forms of tether on my phone. But yes just install on your phone and your computer and when you connect you should have a small icon at the bottom of your computer to tether. Use that instead of the normal network sharing center. On my computer there is a difference (not sure why). Also check the other tether post's because this is a hot topic right now and there is alot of info out there