Pc Mode, Debugging help

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im trying to get my friends X rooted. His debugging mode is acting weird though. I cant seem to access pc mode with debugging on. The computer keeps searching for MB810 drivers, which are clearly already installed. If i turn off debugging the moto program kicks in beautifully and i am able to connect properly. The drivers only seem to work when it is not enabled. With debugging on the PC mode, and USB storage mode drivers just wont load right. What happens is i plug the phone in with usb debugging on and the mode is in pc mode. the drivers start trying to load and it searches for pre-configured folders. Then i get a prompt on what i should do with about the drivers *Locate and install driver software, ask me again later, and dont show this messgae again for this device*. The last two options are dead ends so i click the locate and install driver software. After this it searches a couple things for some time but then brings up another prompt that says "insert disk that came with MB810". I click the "I dont have disk show me other options." I then chose to physically put in where drivers are at (windows/system32/drivers) to get nothing back but a cant locate driver remark. Then i chose other option which also is a whole lot of nothing which then forces me to close out of wizard..... I then out of frustration uncheck debugging, which makes the moto drivers instantly read and im connected with that. So needless to say im a tad confused here. Ive only got the phone for the day, which means please be speedy. Thx for reading. :hail:

leftspin

Reaction score
Im trying to get my friends X rooted. His debugging mode is acting weird though. I cant seem to access pc mode with debugging on. The computer keeps searching for MB810 drivers, which are clearly already installed. If i turn off debugging the moto program kicks in beautifully and i am able to connect properly. The drivers only seem to work when it is not enabled. With debugging on the PC mode, and USB storage mode drivers just wont load right. What happens is i plug the phone in with usb debugging on and the mode is in pc mode. the drivers start trying to load and it searches for pre-configured folders. Then i get a prompt on what i should do with about the drivers *Locate and install driver software, ask me again later, and dont show this messgae again for this device*. The last two options are dead ends so i click the locate and install driver software. After this it searches a couple things for some time but then brings up another prompt that says "insert disk that came with MB810". I click the "I dont have disk show me other options." I then chose to physically put in where drivers are at (windows/system32/drivers) to get nothing back but a cant locate driver remark. Then i chose other option which also is a whole lot of nothing which then forces me to close out of wizard..... I then out of frustration uncheck debugging, which makes the moto drivers instantly read and im connected with that. So needless to say im a tad confused here. Ive only got the phone for the day, which means please be speedy. Thx for reading. :hail:

Why are you putting it in PC mode? To root (with D3 One Click at least) you need to put the phone in charge only with debugging on.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
charge mode, really? the directions say pc mode. either way, the popup still occurs....

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I think what occurs here, in charge only mode, the programs bypass the SD card, and the phone's internal storage for a time, and allow the computer to act as the external storage device, and system memory, for flashing. This way, the computer handles the calls to the phone's internals, as well as all commands the software needs to push and pull files to and from the phone, allowing faster access during the flashing process.
This may also be a method of not having internal storage compete with external processes also, so nothing gets lost in translation, as it were.