Password Application for Both Droid and Desktop

[email protected]

Reaction score
I used the Ascendo DataVault for my Blackberry as a great password saver program. Don't seem to find anything in the market to compare. I have already written Ascendo to see if they are developing a app for the Droid with no response. Looking for suggestions.

loosedroid

Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with other cross-platform password management tools, but I am using LastPass which can be found in the Market. It works well for me but you should research it to see if it meets your needs.

https://lastpass.com/

y6y6y6

Reaction score
KeePass. I've been using it for quite awhile. You need to manually sync between the phone and the desktop, but it's very flexible and portable.

KeePassDroid is the name of the app in the droid Market.

tommyz

Reaction score
I am hoping RoboForm gets ported over. I have been using that on my desktop for a few years. RoboForm was just released for the iPhone, so hopefully Android isn't too far behind.

holee

Reaction score
I am hoping RoboForm gets ported over. I have been using that on my desktop for a few years. RoboForm was just released for the iPhone, so hopefully Android isn't too far behind.

Unfortunately, RoboForm looks like it will be very far behind. I sent them an email on this last week.

Kate replied (2009/11/13 12:35 am EST):
Thank you for your message.

We have just recently finished the RoboForm for iPhone App, and now we are looking at possibilities to support Android, but have no plans at this point.
If it does begin to be in development, we will announce it on the RoboForm website.

jlh

Reaction score
KeePass. I've been using it for quite awhile. You need to manually sync between the phone and the desktop, but it's very flexible and portable.

May be dumb question but how do you manually sync? I've downloaded on Android and on PC but cannot figure out sync?

sgdossey

Reaction score

May be dumb question but how do you manually sync? I've downloaded on Android and on PC but cannot figure out sync?

You manually sync by copying the database file that you initially setup on the Pc down to the Droid via the USB sync cable or possibly WiFi if you have a file manager installed on the Droid.

If you make changes on the PC, then overwrite what is on the droid. If you make changes on the phone, then overwrite the file on the PC.

Works great for me, but I am not constantly making changes to my passwords.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I'll second KeePassDroid. Great app and has a very handy paste feature for usernames and passwords that saves a ton of typing. It currently only supports KeePass 1.x databases, but there are apparent plans to support KeePass 2.x databases in the future. I use dropbox to keep all my passwords in sync (and download the database from the dropbox web interface onto the phone). Works a treat.

jimbrau

Reaction score

You manually sync by copying the database file that you initially setup on the Pc down to the Droid via the USB sync cable or possibly WiFi if you have a file manager installed on the Droid.

If you make changes on the PC, then overwrite what is on the droid. If you make changes on the phone, then overwrite the file on the PC.

Works great for me, but I am not constantly making changes to my passwords.
My PC version saves a .kdbx file, but the version I downloaded on my Droid X has .kdb files. How do I make them work together?

sgdossey

Reaction score
You have to use version 1.6 or 1.7 on the PC. Although the new Android version will do read only of kdbx 2.0 files. I find it easier to update via pc anyway, then sync to your phone, so you can try that w/ kdbx files. I use dropbox to make it easier to sync the files. You can install dropbox on the phone too. You don't even need to sync via cable then.

Last edited:

jimbrau

Reaction score
Is is still possible to get version 1.6 or 1.7? I copies the .kdbx file to my droid and it accepts the password but ask for a key file name. I can't find one that it likes.