Pass on Droid X and Droid 2

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
If I already had a droid phone I would wait. Seeing as how my upgrade is right now and I have a BB currently, Im probably going with the X.

If the pro or whatever its called is a true beast I wont mind selling and upgrading when its time.

bmb0205

Reaction score
I want that 2ghz beast but I just got my droid in early March and don't know how much I'll be able to sell it for rooted by the time the beast comes out

I can't justify shelling out 300-500 out of pocket for a new phone when I don't have an upgrade : \

Reaction score
Me. I'm waiting patiently until the end of the year. It's my Christmas present to myself. And I've always found that I can justify any purchase. If anyone needs any good arguments to present to themselves, just let me know.

bmb0205

Reaction score
Me. I'm waiting patiently until the end of the year. It's my Christmas present to myself. And I've always found that I can justify any purchase. If anyone needs any good arguments to present to themselves, just let me know.
Read my post above yours haha

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the X. Dont know if imma keep it, but I'm getting it. I will have to probably pay retail. Either way, I will use my upgrade on the Pro or an LTE phone.

bmb0205

Reaction score
Tell me a little bit about you. Are you in school? Work? Girlfriend that spends all of your money?
Yep in college, but I don't pay for school my parents do thankfully.

Don't have a job but I made about 1k over the last month landscaping, currently looking for a steady job

Have a gf but we pay for ourselves we've been dating 2+ years

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If I could pull off a little arbitrage where I hock the Droid on EBAY for $300 and then spend $400 on the X, I'd do it. But I'm sure the X is going to probably retail around $600, too.

We'll see. The one deal breaker for me on the Pro would be if battery life is just horrendous. Honestly, the X looks to have about everything I need if it gets good battery life. My phone is plenty fast if RAM wasn't an issue. But I'm also not going to buy anything until it's provens rooted.

Well, and storage would be the other thing. Wouldn't mind carrying around gigs and gigs of music and video just because I could. Figure the 32gig cards have to be getting reasonably priced by year-end.

Reaction score
So you're a college student, working hard to build a solid education in an effort to secure a meaningful and financially sound career and future for yourself. On top of that, you put in hours and hours of hard labor outdoors in the heat just to make some extra cash while you look for a more steady job that will fit in with your school schedule and still allow you some time to spend with your girlfriend.

Meanwhile, college is pretty much the only time in your life you can a) make out with your best friend [that may possibly only apply to me] and b) be frivolous. If you blow the window of opportunity, you may not get it back.

And if you still don't think you deserve it, I have to say, you sound a little depressed. And nothing works better than shopping to cheer me up, so I'd advise you to go buy the phone. It's for your health.

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
I want that 2ghz beast but I just got my droid in early March and don't know how much I'll be able to sell it for rooted by the time the beast comes out

I can't justify shelling out 300-500 out of pocket for a new phone when I don't have an upgrade : \

I dont live in the US and unfortunately when i want a new phone i have to shell out the full $600 for one plus airfare.(i dont fly up to get the fone its just a plus to my vacation)

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
So you're a college student, working hard to build a solid education in an effort to secure a meaningful and financially sound career and future for yourself. On top of that, you put in hours and hours of hard labor outdoors in the heat just to make some extra cash while you look for a more steady job that will fit in with your school schedule and still allow you some time to spend with your girlfriend.

Meanwhile, college is pretty much the only time in your life you can a) make out with your best friend [that may possibly only apply to me] and b) be frivolous. If you blow the window of opportunity, you may not get it back.

And if you still don't think you deserve it, I have to say, you sound a little depressed. And nothing works better than shopping to cheer me up, so I'd advise you to go buy the phone. It's for your health.

If he already has a perfectly good phone why should he waste his money on something thats just a little better?

He is in college and doesnt even have a job. I could see your point if he had some ancient cell phone, but he just got a smart phone a couple months ago.

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score

I like that reason lol Mom im sick i need a $600 phone its for my health

Reaction score
Funwheel, I wasn't exactly being serious lol.

When I was younger, I tried to make my mom think I was depressed like Darlene Connor on Roseanne because her mom gave her a credit card to go shopping with because she was worried about her. Sadly, I think my mom saw that episode.