partial update fix?

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
Ok so far I've come to read that the update cannot be tweaked in anyway so that applications can be deleted... I am stuck with having vz navigator and Skype mobile and others always running in the background until I kill them and then the next time I wake my phone up they open again... is this accurate? Is there a way that I missed in searches to get rid of some apps from the update but keep others? I plan on reverting to the older version until a patch is released if not but I love the flashlight and a few other parts of the update... just wanted to make sure that I fully understood this before I reset my phone.

OP
T

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
Really? I was told that it would revert to 2.1 by the Verizon tech. Ok then how would I revert to 2.1?

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I spent over 3 hours on the phone with tech support after I got the update. The update caused so many issues that tech support didn't even want to address them all. They wanted me to call HTC and my computer manufacture (after the update if I plugged my phone in to my computer for ANY reason the computer would crash in 2 seconds). After trying everything else they had me do a factory reset and it erased everything back to stock except it still has 2.2 on it...

3 hours total Verizon tech support
1 hour HP support
(didn't call HTC)

Solution they are sending out a new phone so I get to start all over again.. part of me hopes it already has been updated and it works, part of me hopes its not updated and I will just ignore the update til there is a fix out there