pandora problems

turboteal

Reaction score
pandora vs slacker

ok guys when i posted that the new pandora update fix, my phone i was on wifi, & man its fast on wifi with the gingerbreak root, in about 4 to 5sec i have the next song playing,

but when i go to 3g man its takes loooooonnnnggg to load a song, its horable. so try to see if on wifi if pandora loads faster for you.

also slacker has no issues it loads 10times faster on 3g than pandora no problems with slacker.

still dont know whats up with pandora

kmark

Reaction score
Same problems as you guys on my X2. Pandora is barely usable.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try mine

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Captmilk

Reaction score
If you Google this issue you'll see the, dropped song with Pandora, problems going back to 2008. I found a post with Treo users complaining about it. WTF! I don't have the issues but my wife's Droid Incredible does.

asrich

Reaction score
It is not Pandora. On my X2 I had the skipping problem with ALL music applications. Pandora, Slacker, etc. Even the built-in music player. I solved the problem by sending the X2 back to Verizon and reactivating my X. I think the X runs faster than the X2 anyway--and why did Motorola get rid of the dedicated camera button???

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I am not having the skipping problem. My phone just now turned off when using pandora. I listened to all of 3 songs then boom turned off. The phone was face down. I am using the stock DX with the OTA gingerbread update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

snipehunter

Reaction score
It is not Pandora. On my X2 I had the skipping problem with ALL music applications. Pandora, Slacker, etc. Even the built-in music player. I solved the problem by sending the X2 back to Verizon and reactivating my X. I think the X runs faster than the X2 anyway--and why did Motorola get rid of the dedicated camera button???

I'm on an X and I have been having the same problem. About 3-5 months ago it was the 'service is having difficulty' errors... so much that I left it rot for about 3 months.

Now the last month I've tried giving it a shot, and I'm getting the same "3-15 second pauses" every song and "cutting off a song and jumping to the next song" problem reported by many others. I did *not* have these problems until the Pandora updates about 2 months ago.

I also, 9 and 12 months ago, used to be able to listen to Pandora on my way to work in the car. Those days are LONG over... no way it works anymore.

I'm seeing this same kind of garbage with several of the free apps, now that they're adding more massive SD-card download ads and popup/targeted ads. I hope developer greed doesn't kill the platform for those of us who are OK with legal apps with SOME ads... because this seems to be a theme I am seeing of late. When those popup or every-play ads appear, start looking for BS tech failure to ensue.

I'm not rooted, I have the motoblur stuff still on my phone but have deactivated most of what I can. Verizon/D-x/3g.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues I'm on rooted stock rom DROIDX versions 573. I actually emailed the developer with alogcat and he told me to uninstall, clear data, battery pull, lower the audio quality. Also, he added that it's not their fault it doesn't work on rooted or custom roms. Needless to say I tried everything he suggested to no avail.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Soocold

Reaction score
That's just plain stupid, the act of root has nothing to do with stability of any app. Any ways I think most of the issue is with moto. I still have issues when I stream blue tooth, my work around to that is only connecting media and not phone. Also pandora 1.5.13 has concern me the least amount of issues, bluetooth is the only place I have issues anymore

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk