Overwhelming

Downtime

Reaction score
Okay I made an account because I do not even know where to begin with the droid series of phones. I'm looking to get my first one :heart: but there are so many different options.

Can anyone make any suggestions, pro's and cons to all the droid models out now? Also are there any new droid's coming out this holiday season that are gonna be so much more advanced I should wait for?

All help is greatly appreciated.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tough one. The phones out there right now are spectacular: Droid X - great screen!! Droid 2- great physical keyboard. Droid Inc and Fascinate - neither do it for me, but they are great phones.

With 4g coming early next year, I would recommend getting a phone now, but with a one year contract. That will give 4g time to expand and be useful in most areas and for more great 4g phones to be released. By the time all that happens, your one year contract will be up and you'll have some terrific phones to select from.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent reply.

Get to one of the stores and play with them! Best way to know which you like!

Fascinate is my new favorite but it doesn't have a physical keyboard so it may be a dealbreaker.

Definitely get a one year so you can get into an LTE (4G) phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tough one. The phones out there right now are spectacular: Droid X - great screen!! Droid 2- great physical keyboard. Droid Inc and Fascinate - neither do it for me, but they are great phones.

With 4g coming early next year, I would recommend getting a phone now, but with a one year contract. That will give 4g time to expand and be useful in most areas and for more great 4g phones to be released. By the time all that happens, your one year contract will be up and you'll have some terrific phones to select from.

Well, a 1 year contract is one thing but if you can save money with a 2 year contract I wouldn't let LTE stop you. Fact is that it's not going to be completed until around 2013. You get the upgrade option months before your contract expires, and even if something comes out that you really like you can always work out a deal with Verizon. I've early upgraded my last two phones, one I had to pay a bit more for but I got only a 1 year extension and my D2 which I just got for the 199.00 price and a 2 year extension on my contract.