overheating issues

BamaFan13

Reaction score
So I love jrummys roms and I'm not hatin on em at all... but I have only had overheating problems with this kangrade roms. I am currently running kangerade froyo 4. 0. 7 with the nextang theme. I haven't fooled with overclocking yet at all so I'm running the stock kernel. Can someone please help me with this?

magma_camel

Reaction score
what i would suggest is to get a low voltage or ultra low voltage kernel...also grab setcpu and if you dont want to overclock thats cool but those kernels will lower the temp of your battery a lot. mine, unless charging, runs around 27,28 degrees C

try ChevyNo1 or P3x kernels first i think there the best in my opinion

OP
B

BamaFan13

Reaction score
It gets really hot after only a little web browsing or listening to music. I think ill go with lv because when I ran kangerade 1. 0 I had ulv and had the same problem :(

vmann32

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/[URL=http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html
Here is some info on overclocking and
P3Droid Kernels P3DROID Kernels
Index of /froyo/4.2/kernels ChevyNo1 Kernels

Put Kernel (or 4 or 5 to test) on SD root and boot into recovery (X and power) or clockwork or SP.
Select install from SD.Then select option to choose it from SD. Find it in the list you will see all the one you put here.Select it then it will install.Then select reboot system.Then set up SETCPU and if it works good great ,if not rinse and repeat. dancedroid

magma_camel

Reaction score
also maybe some of the kernels your doing overclock themselve by default so your running at 800 mhz instead of the default 550 and you dont even know it

magma_camel

Reaction score
those are just the differnt freqencies that the cpu can scale to for example

250mhz/400mhz/550mhz/600mhz/800mhz/1000mhz/1200mhz

OP
B

BamaFan13

Reaction score
So far the current kernel I'm running is not helping much. I'm running at 39 degrees celcius and 100.2 Fahrenheit

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
So far the current kernel I'm running is not helping much. I'm running at 39 degrees celcius and 100.2 Fahrenheit

Is that under load? If so and it is only hitting 39c I wouldn't worry about that at all. My Droid does not set to clock down until the battery hits 50c, and the chip I don't even worry about seeing as it is rated all the way up to over 80c.

OP
B

BamaFan13

Reaction score
So I really wanna know what the deal is with this...ive tried ulv 0.8, lv 0.8, and now medium voltage 1.0 ghz (all chevy kernels btw) i also tried one of p13x's kernels too...is my phone messed up or shud i just go to a different rom?

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
So I really wanna know what the deal is with this...ive tried ulv 0.8, lv 0.8, and now medium voltage 1.0 ghz (all chevy kernels btw) i also tried one of p13x's kernels too...is my phone messed up or shud i just go to a different rom?

Kinda hard to say what is up with what you just posted. When you say messed up how so? Is something not functioning or you still worrying about the temps? In my last posted I asked was the 39c under load or while sitting idle. If under load 39c is nothing to worry about. the key is to keep the battery under 48.9c ( IE 120F).

As a quick example I just checked my Droid and while idle for the past couple of hours it is averaging 26c on battery temp after just waking it up. I am now streaming Pandora and surfing the web using 3G and it is at 43C in direct sunlight. Mind you I'm running p3's 1.2Ghz kernel with specific profile setting set in setCPU.

Bottom line is we need some more specific from you on your concern or what is wrong on why you have a feeling there is an issue. By the temps you've mentioned IMO at least there is no issue unless there is somethign else going on that has not been mentioned.

OP
B

BamaFan13

Reaction score
No the only thing ive been worried about is the temps...i think the highest i have seen it go is 107 degrees farenheight...but it gets hot after very little web browsing or maybe 30 minutes on the phone...and were talkin pretty hot. This hasnt been an issue on any other rom but i really like this rom and i wud like to figure out how to fix this issue. If i stream a video or listen to music for a short period of time, it gets really hot and i have to sit it on a cool surface and let it cool down.

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Whats your current ROM and kernel?