overclocking

ohshtson

Reaction score
downloaded an overclocking app, how should I set this thing up to make it work as best as possible? my phone is not rooted, will this app do anything without it being rooted?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
downloaded an overclocking app, how should I set this thing up to make it work as best as possible? my phone is not rooted, will this app do anything without it being rooted?

To overclock, you need to install a new kernel. To install a new kernel, you must be rooted. Sorry.

droidfreek

Reaction score
Ivan's V7 rom

I have my phone rooted and am using Ivans V7 rom and also have SetCPU... I don't know which is responsible, but I have a much better battery life than before without root... I have had my phone rooted for about 2 weeks and the last 5 or so days that I have run V7, I noticed a HUGE difference... like my phone would get unplugged at 6:30am and by 3 practically dead... not anymore... I have not charged my phone since all day since 6:30 am and just got below 20% at about 9pm... love it!.. but yeah no overclocking that I know of either... :(

altjx

Reaction score
so far, i just have a rooted Android OS 2.1. Is there a way I could just simply overclock without installing a new ROM and all that?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, you need to flash a new kernel that will allow overclocking.

altjx

Reaction score
No, you need to flash a new kernel that will allow overclocking.
ah, kk. cause i notice a lot of lag when getting any type of notification while im texting, or even a phone call. takes awhile to show up and answer. just thought a little speed would work... is there a HTC Droid Incredible forum? wonder how they're doing

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Reaction score
There's a LOT of potential benefits to flashing a custom ROM, such as new features and easier themeing, but you don't have to. As stated above, flash an ESE81 compatible kernel, get SetCPU and rock and roll!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll agree. If you're gonna go through the trouble of changing kernels, you should also give yourself the advantage of custom ROMs. There are a few out there that are still pretty much stock, but tweaked to be better (BB comes to mind.)

mohammedkanan

Reaction score
anyone no how to overclock samsung fascinate (rooted) please

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Voodoo Lagfix with OC kernal.

Seriously, read, read, and read, before you decide to flash this. Voodoo is excellent with increasing performance, and you will get a sweet quadrant score, but the OC kernals are not that stable and getting rid of Voodoo is a 3itch!

You have been warned.