Overclocking....

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I actually been looking into the whole overclocking situation (pertaining to the global) and found a post on the site here that describes a way to successfully get it working.

sent from my freshly rooted droid 2 global using droidforums app

ajla66

Reaction score
I am freshly rooted, and I downloaded setcpu, then deleted it and moved on to droid overclock app. I have set some profiles, but im not real knowledgeable with this, can someone please help me? I don't know what the governors feature is, and wanting to know what is the default android runs. High and low. And also what is recommended profiles to set and how to use the priority part aswell. Thanks in advance!

Use calibrate on it then you know what your maximum is and just try and mess with it and dont go above your maximum.

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Use calibrate on it then you know what your maximum is and just try and mess with it and dont go above your maximum.

Calibrate it using which app? Have you heard about using the experimental setting in droid overclock that allows it to work even with the globals locked kernel?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Read the help section there is a good explanation of stuff there. That's where I learned. And on the forums of course! My d2 is fast already. I use it to underclock or change to a lower voltage but keep the stock frequency of 1ghz. Just test it. You will notice stuff force closing if the settings are off. Give it some time at each setting though

Sent from my rooted DROID2

chrisl20

Reaction score
"Calibrate' in quickclock wont actually unload the stock oc module...and setcpu just changes the max cpu setting...doesn't mean ur phones actually GOING to go that high since it thinks that it caps@ 1200... ...it may be" working" or appearing to work...but, im banking on it doesn't...cuz I have read a million oc threads...dealing w the d2g compaired to a d2 or og d1 is night and day difference....androidforums throw them in the same baskey (d2 and d2g)...makes me sick.... ...if onky we were sooooo lucky...