Overclocking

E Mad

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm downloading Liberty right now for my Droid X.
Considering this is largely JRummy's ROM, I thought that we should make a threa for awesome OC settings. Right now I'm on 1.2GHz on ULV and I'm at 40% battery after 11 hours (6 hours of airplane mode though). Post your OC settings below with the battery life and the phone (DX or D2) so we can try to find the sweet spot in battery life/performance!
I know we have different mods and settings, but there should be awesome setting that'll work for us all.

BTW, I use JRummy's app to OC. It is simply fantastic if you haven't used it.

And I might as well through this out there; You are solely responsible for your actions and damage you do to your phone (unless you want to blame the locked bootloader; it's always to blame).

mcp770

Reaction score
I too have the jrummy app set to 1.2 ulv and I'm at about 50% after six hours off charger with nearly constant use. This is relative for all based on apps and widget use, live wallpapers, etc. almost impossible to really gauge battery life for all. But I will say I am very stable at 1.2 and this rom with oc is fast as hell.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I don't know what performance I'll see yet, but I know I was seeing 15 hours of HEAVY usage and 30+ hours of moderate usage with RubiX 1.9.5 on these settings:

300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

I call this "SULV" for "super ultra low voltage" :)

The 1 GHz setting isn't too terribly low, but the phone sits at the lowest setting, or 300 MHz in this case more often than any other, so having 18 vsel at 300 MHz should equate to great battery life.

triqsix

Reaction score
im running a 1.1 low voltage and i am getting 24 hours+ easy with moderate use

Slow88lx

Reaction score
I don't know what performance I'll see yet, but I know I was seeing 15 hours of HEAVY usage and 30+ hours of moderate usage with RubiX 1.9.5 on these settings:

300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

The 1 GHz setting isn't too terribly low, but the phone sits at the lowest setting, or 300 MHz in this case more often than any other, so having 18 vsel at 300 MHz should equate to great battery life.
I'm running similar numbers, I have 2 custom setups (I just keep lowering voltage on one of them and use the other as a restore setting) until I get a random reboot. Getting unbelievable battery life. Just gotta be sure not to set overclock on boot, I don't restart the phone enough to care about having to set the speed after booting.

Last edited:

Dustin.

Reaction score
Will have to give these voltages a try. I easily get 15-17 hours of battery life, but always looking to improve!!

Sent from my DROID X.

Trong

Reaction score
Sporting something similar to Inkarnit :p

300/18
600/31
1000/55
1200/66

Coming up on 11 hours with 60% battery life. Moderate to above-moderate usage.

OP
E

E Mad

Reaction score
Stability?

How stable are your phones at the "SULV" settings? I just set my settings to what you have, Slow88lx. Are you getting any random reboots?

en28so

Reaction score

300/18
600/33
800/42
1000/53

I'm running similar numbers, I have 2 custom setups (I just keep lowering voltage on one of them and use the other as a restore setting) until I get a random reboot. Getting unbelievable battery life. Just gotta be sure not to set overclock on boot, I don't restart the phone enough to care about having to set the speed after booting.
I just changed my voltage to these settings, but my problem is that I have to be changing batteries once a day. So I might not be able to reboot if I decided to do these changes on reboot? So I guess I would have to do it manually after the battery change to be on the safe side I guess

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

omnicious

Reaction score
So I used the instructions in the How To thread to overclock and it worked fine but once I rebooted my phone the settings seem to go away. Any way to make it more permanent?

hazmat780

Reaction score
I'm running Dx 2.2.1 with Liberty ROM...
300/18
500/30
800/42
1350/70.. seems to be holding steady :D
checking on battery life now

Marius1

Reaction score
How do I make the custom/advanced settings stick at boot?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Inkarnit

Reaction score
So I used the instructions in the How To thread to overclock and it worked fine but once I rebooted my phone the settings seem to go away. Any way to make it more permanent?

How do I make the custom/advanced settings stick at boot?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

To make custom settings stick on boot you'll need to go into the Liberty Toolbox and and use the file editor to change the values in init.d.conf

jskoland

Reaction score
How do you guys know the correct voltage to Mhz ratio. Looking at the default settings for my phone
SL 1 400MHz - 42V
SL 2 900MHz - 62V
SL 3 1000MHz - 64V
SL 4 1300MHz - 78 V

After reading what some of you have posted I can see why my battery drains so fast. If I knew the correct calculation to figure this out that would be great. Thanks