Over the air update?

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
What will happen if I instal the most current over the air update on top of apex? Will I loose root? Is it possible to root the current droid x software (I think 2.3)? And 1 more question. If I press the factory reset button (somewhere in the settings) will that reset me to un rooted 2.2 ,rooted 2.2,or apex? Sorry if some of this stuff is already on the forum but I need to know and the internet is really slow here(I'm on vacation )

Thankssssss

kdkinc

Reaction score
What will happen if I instal the most current over the air update on top of apex? Will I loose root? Is it possible to root the current droid x software (I think 2.3)? And 1 more question. If I press the factory reset button (somewhere in the settings) will that reset me to un rooted 2.2 ,rooted 2.2,or apex? Sorry if some of this stuff is already on the forum but I need to know and the internet is really slow here(I'm on vacation )

Thankssssss

you will go back to a factory like state you can reroot with z4root. Start all over again thats a good thing. Factory reset button won't un-root you.A VZW update will but it no big deal .
Things are suppose to be slow on vacation...lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
O don't believe the update will succeed over the top of a custom Rom. You'll likely have to restore a stock backup. Also before you accept the update you may want to unroot because letting the update do the unroting for you may give you problems rerooting down the road.

tappin and a talkin

Boblank

Reaction score
The OTA won't install over apex or any custom rom. All bloat has to be intact. You will have to restore nandroid of stock or sbf.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
O don't believe the update will succeed over the top of a custom Rom. You'll likely have to restore a stock backup. Also before you accept the update you may want to unroot because letting the update do the unroting for you may give you problems rerooting down the road.

tappin and a talkin

Agreed. Also most roms block the instillation of ota updates.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kdkinc

Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

Very true..
Thanks for the Linux sbf tutorial that pro tip was what I was missing.
I'll have to SBF just for the fun of it soon.
:)

kdkinc

Reaction score
The OTA won't install over apex or any custom rom. All bloat has to be intact. You will have to restore nandroid of stock or sbf.

Or the heck with the OTA and get the correct SBF here or sites like this.
LOL its been awhile they still makin those OTA's things ??? LOL

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
@OP. It will download but will not install.
aefd436c-2007-ce39.jpg

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\