Outlook Webmail/Web Access app

Detonation

Reaction score
My work will not let me have access to their exchange server from my phone (only company black berry's can) so I can't integrate it into any email app. They do provide a browser webmail site so you can log in from anywhere and view your emails, and I do use this on my phone. However, outlook web access was clearly built for IE, and its terrible in any other browser, especially on a phone.

You would think that by now someone would have a created an app that basically interfaces with the webmail site and provides a better presentation of the data (like tapatalk did for forums), but I can't find anything. Does anyone know if something like this exists?

MdicnMan

Reaction score
My work will not let me have access to their exchange server from my phone (only company black berry's can) so I can't integrate it into any email app. They do provide a browser webmail site so you can log in from anywhere and view your emails, and I do use this on my phone. However, outlook web access was clearly built for IE, and its terrible in any other browser, especially on a phone.

You would think that by now someone would have a created an app that basically interfaces with the webmail site and provides a better presentation of the data (like tapatalk did for forums), but I can't find anything. Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Cool idea, but much like Tapatalk, it would likely require something on the server end.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Have you tried setting up the account in the email app and using the webmail url (webmail.xxxx.com) as the server name?

Im sure you have but thats how I access my work Exchange...but Im not sure if ours has the restrictions your company does.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool idea, but much like Tapatalk, it would likely require something on the server end.
Not really. BB's can connect to Exchange via OWA (what the OP is referring to). Even the OP states this.

I'd suggest finding an email app that can interface with OWA. Unless there's enough market demand for an app that uses a Tapatalk style approach I wouldn't expect to see one.

Last edited:

psychre

Reaction score
Dolphin HD renders my OWA just fine. I haven't heard of a dedicated App but I'm interested...