Outlook Account Causing Sudden Unexplained Drain Of Battery

jhcallihan

Reaction score
I've been troubleshooting a battery issue for a couple days now and can't get it resolved. "com.motorola.contacts.data" seems to be at the root of my problem. I've even gone so far as to perform a factory reset. However, when I add my Outlook account back to my phone, the battery drains at a ridiculous rate and the big unexplained consumer is "com.motorola.contacts.data". I'm using "GSam Battery Monitor" to determine where my problem is. I'm lucky to get 6 hours when I used to go 12 or more and still had lots of power left when I put it on the charger at night. My usage hasn't changed and I haven't added any new apps. I'm connecting to a large enterprise Outlook exchange server at a large University so I don't have access to the exchange server. However, none of my peers are experiencing similar problems so I'm assuming nothing major has changed on that end. Plus, I don't even know what could change on that end that might wreck my battery performance to this extent.

Any ideas or troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try and add the account tonight and put it on an hourly fetch schedule to see if it's a problem with the push feature.