Otterbox screen removal

AlanKlein2

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the plastic screen from the Otterbox so you can see the Razr screen only but still keep the Otterbox?

Harleytwostar

Reaction score
No help here but I'm going to find out today..........I want to do the same thing and will let you know what I do...........but I think it will need to be cut out..............

r/ George

meatloaft

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the plastic screen from the Otterbox so you can see the Razr screen only but still keep the Otterbox?

I just kinda popped it out, I have the ZAGG installed on the phone and the OtterBox one interfered a bit. I took the front cover off and just pushed the screen protector toward what would be the back, there's a sticky glue strip you have to kind of peel off afterward but other than that, no problems at all.

meatloaft

Reaction score
No help here but I'm going to find out today..........I want to do the same thing and will let you know what I do...........but I think it will need to be cut out..............

r/ George

You won't have to do any cutting. ;-)

meatloaft

Reaction score
How do you separate the two plastic halves
What tool do you use

Yeah I use my fingers, easiest to start at top right, the big lugs are attached to the bottom. I didn't pay attention when I put it together and tried using a pocket knife, it didn't work out so well. Besides the large lugs, there are other snaps you will see on the sides. A fingernail in them works well once you have a corner popped apart, just work your way around. Good luck!

Harleytwostar

Reaction score
You won't have to do any cutting. ;-)

Yep, thanks! Came out easier than I thought and really makes a big difference overall. I removed the stock screen protector and had a different stick-on one installed at kiosk at our local mall. Put the case back together and wow it's way nicer looking. Thanks.

r/ George

meatloaft

Reaction score
Glad I could help! I've also read that people would get sand/dirt/etc. behind the OtterBox screen protector. I prefer the one that STICKS to the screen. ;-)

OP
A

AlanKlein2

Reaction score
I decided not to remove the Otterbox protector screen. If I break the LED screen, the company will ***** that I'm responsible. It's a company phone.