OTA Updates?

Khiraji

Reaction score
I read an article the other day and it said it won't be released until after the droid 3 is released. After that, I'm sure there'll be some news article about it. Verizon wouldn't let motorola release the software because they said it had issues.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Indeed, this is the current intel (which may or may not be accurate anyway). I remember some press releases from a few weeks back saying that the GB update would hit "sometime in the 3rd quarter" - which, technically, gives Moto until 30 September. Here's praying they don't take that long...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's weird. It says d2, but it uses the system ver of a d2g. Something isn't right.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

shane_huskey

Reaction score
That article is a fake/troll article. The phone shown is the Droid 2 Global. It has the sapphire...shade to it. And the screen shots are purposefully set to deceive. I believe the D2 gb is not system v4.5.600. I think it was 4.5.59(something). Two, look at the crap around for other articles...updating a dinc2 to gb? It's not even out. Heck, the author says root isn't needed for rom manager to install 2.3 on dinc2. That site's a fake. Though it's slightly implied that it's the global.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

Alright, thanks for the information. I was just wanting to make sure that I wasn't behind the curve as I figured perhaps some of the issues I've had with my phone might have been remedied with an update.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I hate to dig up a thread thread that has been inactive for a few months, but I am curious about the GB update for the D2. I have read that VZW has started pushing the OTA for the D2, but I haven't seen any notification. I am rooted via z4root on the stock rom. I also read somewhere that you need to have 2.4.330 in order to get the OTA update, but I never got that update either. Currently I am on 2.2/2.3.20 and have been for quite a while. Anyone know what I need to do to ensure I get the OTA update? Or is there somewhere that has the official version that I can just run from recovery?

Shane I think you may be confusing Version numbers here...

2.4.330 is Blur's version number not Android's!

The Android in the 2.4.330 version of Blur is actually version 2.2

The stock Blur was 2.4.29 and was also Android 2.2
go to settings about phone and see what version number is listed for System version.
If it is 2.4.33 then you already have the latest version of the Moto Blur (android 2.2 Froyo) and are ready for anything else that comes out.

If it doesn't say that and you have not gotten an update notification then you have either changed the stock (either via bloatware removal or uninstalling something that made the update fail.

GB is called Android 2.3, I'm not sure what the new version number for GB Blur is going to be yet.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
For droid 2 global gb, it's v4.5.600.
Both 2.4.29 and 2.4.330 are.froyo droid 2 global versions of blur.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

shane_huskey

Reaction score
Shane I think you may be confusing Version numbers here...

2.4.330 is Blur's version number not Android's!

The Android in the 2.4.330 version of Blur is actually version 2.2

The stock Blur was 2.4.29 and was also Android 2.2
go to settings about phone and see what version number is listed for System version.
If it is 2.4.33 then you already have the latest version of the Moto Blur (android 2.2 Froyo) and are ready for anything else that comes out.

If it doesn't say that and you have not gotten an update notification then you have either changed the stock (either via bloatware removal or uninstalling something that made the update fail.

GB is called Android 2.3, I'm not sure what the new version number for GB Blur is going to be yet.

I was not confused on the numbers, as that is not what I asked. The only reason I mentioned the numbers was for reference. The question I asked had to do with update schedule, not version nomenclature. In the very post that you quoted, I put what version I had. When I listed it, I listed both the System version and Android version. As was discussed later in the thread, 2.3.20 (the version that I have) is the current version for my D2.