OTA Updates?

phlux

Reaction score
Running rooted GB and have not uninstalled anything... Will I still be able to accept the GB OTA update when it finally pushes, or will I be able to SBF back to Froyo and accept it at a later time?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Word on the street is you will have to sbf back to froyo to update.

tappin and a talkin

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a little lost here. So if I wanted the OTA when it is available then I have some questions.

Will my phone prompt me to install it?
I am rooted and running Liberty 2.0....what all would I have to do if I wanted to install this?
There is no going back, at the moment, is there? Like if I install the OTA I wont be able to return to Liberty right?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am a little lost here. So if I wanted the OTA when it is available then I have some questions.

Will my phone prompt me to install it?
I am rooted and running Liberty 2.0....what all would I have to do if I wanted to install this?
There is no going back, at the moment, is there? Like if I install the OTA I wont be able to return to Liberty right?

when you say install this, are you talking about gingerbread?

also when you say install the ota are you referring to the official ota when it comes out or the leaked gb?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when the ota comes, you most likely won't recieve a notification if you are on a custom rom. if you want to take the update, you'll have to be on the stock rom with all the bloat present. this will probably involve flashing your stock backup or if you don't have one you'll have to flash an sbf.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see.....is there any chance of the OTA GB providing better battery life then the custom ROM's?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really wish there was some magic button to make your battery last 2 days on a charge with use.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tell me about it. one day battery technology will catch up with smartphone technology, and it will be glorious.

Khiraji

Reaction score
I really wish there was some magic button to make your battery last 2 days on a charge with use.

Check out the extended battery. I've had it last 24+ hours, under heavy use (lots of 3G browsing, taking pictures, maps, calls, texting, the works). Best $40 I've spent in a while, and it barely adds to the mass of the phone. In fact, IMO it makes it a little more comfortable to hold in your hand because it creates the slightest bevel on the back.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Any VZW store should have 'em. They're $50 normally, but I've got a discount on my account (state employee discount). If you hunt around online you might be able to find some coupon codes.

Khiraji

Reaction score
I'm on stock. I imagine you'd get even better performance on Liberty or GB. I've thought about flashing the leaked GB, but I don't want to run the risk of bricking my phone or even having to fart around with it for a few hours just to get GB a few weeks early... official GB will come out soon enough.