OTA keeps failing to install

danetbra63

Reaction score
The 4.1.2 update will download but it will not complete the install

I get the updating droid screen
Then I get the droid on its back with the red triangle (recovery)
It reboots and says the update has failed
I've retried it 3 times all with the same result. NEED HELP

xmguy

Reaction score
Same here with my Maxx HD. im rooted but using OTA root keeper. all stock files are in place. I feel I may have to revert to stoock to take the update.

OP
danetbra63

danetbra63

Reaction score
Are you using the Utility 1.10? Whats the best way to back up Everything?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The 4.1.2 update will download but it will not complete the install

I get the updating droid screen
Then I get the droid on its back with the red triangle (recovery)
It reboots and says the update has failed
I've retried it 3 times all with the same result. NEED HELP
Did you use something like Titanium Backup to freeze apps? If so you need to unfreeze them (defrost them) for the update to install. Unfreeze apps, temporarily unroot, power off your phone then power back on, check for updates. Once you have installed the update then you can restore root and then freeze the apps you had frozen before.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
I read somewhere, that you should be on build number 9.8.XX_41. If you're running a leak like I am (leaked build #9.8.1Q_39, others stated 37, etc) then it won't load. I also read that you may need to revert back to ICS, reroot and run the update to JB and then this new one. As much as I'd like to see the improvements, I don't want to waste 2 hours of my life running through all of that. Maybe someone will come out with an easier method. I also read that once you take this update, you can't go back to ICS.

OP
danetbra63

danetbra63

Reaction score
I read somewhere, that you should be on build number 9.8.XX_41. If you're running a leak like I am (leaked build #9.8.1Q_39, others stated 37, etc) then it won't load. I also read that you may need to revert back to ICS, reroot and run the update to JB and then this new one. As much as I'd like to see the improvements, I don't want to waste 2 hours of my life running through all of that. Maybe someone will come out with an easier method. I also read that once you take this update, you can't go back to ICS.

That's exactly what I did. I just said screw it and reverted to stock
I'm gonna wait until the come out with a root utility for 4.1.2

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Keeps failing for me too.. I'm on the X-Mas leak, rooted and have deleted/disabled apps.. but I restored/installed and unfroze all of them. Then used VooDoo RootKeep to unroot and try to install.. Still no luck. Hoping I don't have to FDR. I just gave up for now. It was getting on my nerves.