OTA Issue

amastadon

Reaction score
So when I go to update the phone, it just says "Check for update not available at this time. Please try again later." I have had this happen for the last week. With the other update that came out a few months ago, I had to search for it like this as it was not pushed to me. I have the friends who have razrs and all have got their updates. Anything wrong with my phone or do I just have to be patient? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I know many folks have gotten it but I think Verizon is saying they are rolling it out over a couple of weeks and if you don't get it by the 20th to contact them. I don't know of a place where you can download it from their site manually. If you go to the Razr update page, it just has information.

aktrazer

Reaction score
SallyC is right. My question is are your rooted? If you are, have you flashed your ROM? If your ROM isn't stock (besides rooting) it won't update.

There can be a lot of ins and outs to getting the OTA. I tried out the new .174 that leaked, but fastbooted all the way back. It went through the initial update (.784, I think), then once I rebooted it went straight to the 2.3.6 update and I'm sitting on .173 right now.

aktrazer

Reaction score
Well, I know they can take a while for some. I'd sit tight for another day or so. Seems most who are in your position end up getting it last. for .748 I got it after everyone else had it, so I feel you on that one!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So when I go to update the phone, it just says "Check for update not available at this time. Please try again later." I have had this happen for the last week. With the other update that came out a few months ago, I had to search for it like this as it was not pushed to me. I have the friends who have razrs and all have got their updates. Anything wrong with my phone or do I just have to be patient? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I had the same problem with the first OTA update. I finally got it by searching (menu>settings>about phone) using WiFi, not 3g/4g. You might give that a try.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and *still* can't get the upgrade to work......even over wifi. GRRR!!

Trash Can

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and *still* can't get the upgrade to work......even over wifi. GRRR!!

Just for grins, reboot your phone and try again over wifi. Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but I experienced something similar once on my X and it worked.

jst4fun

Reaction score
I was rooted. So I unrooted and then factory reset back to the 6.5.1-73.
Downloaded the update again.
tried to install the update but it gets about halfway into the update and it starts to reboot.
Then when phone is booted up it says update Failed.
Any suggestions?

Kimo91

Reaction score
tried to install the update but it gets about halfway into the update and it starts to reboot.
Any suggestions?

Did you RSD back to .475 or whatever the last official update was?

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Any suggestions?

That's the issue I have, and I'm not rooted.

jst4fun

Reaction score
I am fastbooting now back to orginal out of the box status.
Then I will try again. I will let you know if this works.
Fingers crossed.