OTA 4..605 Update

joshoid

Reaction score
Just got notification of .605 update for Droid X. has anybody installed and lost root? I used exploit found for D3.

Thanks,

laochra

Reaction score
Is there a way to root my DROID x 4.5.605 WITHOUT a computer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
joshoid

joshoid

Reaction score
This might ease your minds, just updated to .605.... Rebooted, still have root! Must have been a pretty minor update.

Enjoy!

Adroid91

Reaction score
just tried to update and. installed > reboot then it says the update failed.... i have some vzw bloat frozen.. what do i do ???

leftspin

Reaction score
Is there a way to root my DROID x 4.5.605 WITHOUT a computer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

unfortunately no

This might ease your minds, just updated to .605.... Rebooted, still have root! Must have been a pretty minor update.

Enjoy!

strange, I read another post from someone else who did the update and lost root. Maybe they just made a mistake somewhere and the .605 didn't cause it

just tried to update and. installed > reboot then it says the update failed.... i have some vzw bloat frozen.. what do i do ???

unfreeze bloat and try again

markmicallef

Reaction score
unfortunately no

strange, I read another post from someone else who did the update and lost root. Maybe they just made a mistake somewhere and the .605 didn't cause it

unfreeze bloat and try again

I'm having the same problem, Ive unfrozen all bloatware and it still wont update!

leftspin

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, Ive unfrozen all bloatware and it still wont update!

not sure what to do, although the update is very minor, so unless you guys are having a real problem with .602 why not just stick with it? If you are having a real problem with it, try a data wipe and then do the update

bowlingotter

Reaction score
605 update just came to my phone. Currently running rooted 602. Going to go ahead and run it, see if I lose root, report back afterwards.

bowlingotter

Reaction score
Alright i actually boot looped until I cleared the cache, update never took. Not sure what's up with that

psand

Reaction score
I lost root with the update but was able to regain root with the one click method .... no difficulties.

OP
joshoid

joshoid

Reaction score
I lied, I still has super user app installed, could use root explorer, just not read write. So, this prompted me to go ahead and try CM7 but couldn't activate phone because keypad never showed up on the display. I then flashed MIUI and that completely screwed up the phone. I thought MIUI was flashable of I was using GB kernel. Long story made short SBF back to FROYO and took OTA to 605 one click rooted no problem....
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

leftspin

Reaction score
Alright i actually boot looped until I cleared the cache, update never took. Not sure what's up with that

the bootloop thing isn't surprising, but how do you know the update never took? did it give you an error or did you look in settings>about and see that you were still on the .602 kernel