Original Droid vs Droid X

sma222

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and need advice... I broke my Motorola Droid this week and had to claim insurance. I have a brand new Droid sitting here and haven't activated it yet. Why? I've researched the Droid X and think it's a better phone for me. I never use the keyboard and prefer touch screens and hate the bulk of the Droid.

Should I sell my brand new Droid and try and get Verizon to let me upgrade to the Droid X? Or just live with my new/old Droid and wait for the next generation of Droid when my contract comes due (18mo). My Droid really is brand new, not refurbished, I was lucky. I took it to the Verizon store and they verified it was new.

I am going crazy without a phone and need to decide soooon! In the 6 mos. I've owned it I cracked the glass (which didn't hurt it), but the charging port broke (which was under warranty) but
because of the crack it was voided. Too delicate of a phone for me. My biggest complaint is that I can't put it in my pocket (too bulky). The Droid X looks much thinner.

I realize the Droid X is not out yet but I'll find an old phone and wait if it's worth it. Verizon may settle the matter my not letting me upgrade 2x in 6 months even though I'm willing to sign on for 2 more years.

Thanks...
sma222

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and need advice... I broke my Motorola Droid this week and had to claim insurance. I have a brand new Droid sitting here and haven't activated it yet. Why? I've researched the Droid X and think it's a better phone for me. I never use the keyboard and prefer touch screens and hate the bulk of the Droid.

Should I sell my brand new Droid and try and get Verizon to let me upgrade to the Droid X? Or just live with my new/old Droid and wait for the next generation of Droid when my contract comes due (18mo). My Droid really is brand new, not refurbished, I was lucky. I took it to the Verizon store and they verified it was new.

I am going crazy without a phone and need to decide soooon! In the 6 mos. I've owned it I cracked the glass (which didn't hurt it), but the charging port broke (which was under warranty) but
because of the crack it was voided. Too delicate of a phone for me. My biggest complaint is that I can't put it in my pocket (too bulky). The Droid X looks much thinner.

I realize the Droid X is not out yet but I'll find an old phone and wait if it's worth it. Verizon may settle the matter my not letting me upgrade 2x in 6 months even though I'm willing to sign on for 2 more years.

Thanks...
sma222
You will probably have to pay full retail. Expect it to be in the range of 500-700.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You do know that you are really saving only 60$ if signing for 2 years , don't you ? And if you want to cancel , to get a new phone , you have to pay 350$ early termination fee :icon_ banana:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I would be shocked if the let you upgrade twice that soon.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I just don't see that as something that will happen.

Maybe if you were at least at the one year mark, you might new able to get the one year pricing but even that I doubt.