Oreo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I love how articles like that ask users "have you received an email like this...." knowing that if anyone responds they break their confidentiality agreement with Moto. But it's a good sign that they (Moto) are working on Oreo for us.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sajo! Did you get your email yet? C'mon.... You can tell me.... No one will know...

Sent from my Moto Z (2)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is what I find comical. Many so-called "tech experts" say that Moto is slow to provide new OS updates on their phones. While not every phone has been updated as quickly as it should have been (Droid Turbo comes to mind, which I think Verizon was the hold up) they have been pretty awesome here lately. At one point this year they had more phones on Nougat than any other manufacturer, and maybe still do. And now some of the Moto phones from 2016 (Z Series and G Series) are probably going to have Oreo before some other manufacturers 2017 phones. Huh....who's slow to provide updates now? Moto doesn't seem to be slacking in the OS Update department.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
The Z2 is getting Oreo as we speak.

Verizon hasn’t mentioned it yet on any of its support pages, but the Moto Z2 Force sure appears to be getting updated to Android Oreo today. A reddit thread is filled with a handful of Z2 owners who were all able to pull the big update, all within a multi-hour stretch.

The screenshot below shows the update arriving as software version ODX27.109-34. We don’t know the size from this shot, but it should be on the bigger side as a full OS upgrade.

In the update, Android 8.0 Oreo will bring access to the new Autofill API for password lockers, notification channels, adaptive icons, better management of background tasks, new emoji, and more. At least, that’s what we know comes in Android 8.0, though we can’t yet confirm that Motorola has included everything, like Picture-in-Picture.

The screenshot here also notes that apps will run faster and smoother, icons on home screens will have unread badges, and you’ll be able to “launch apps or take action based on highlighted text.” Not many apps support that, so don’t go in expecting a lot there.

To grab the update, head into Settings>System updates.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk