Ordered a droid!

scott craft

Reaction score
I ordered a droid through Verizon this morning. I'm hoping it will be here Tuesday. This is going to be a big step up from the LG env touch I'm using now. I'm going to play with it and hopefully I'll be ready to root it next weekend.

eliassami5

Reaction score
congrats, i'd suggest getting to know your phone for a bit before you start rooting. You will encounter a lot less problems and you will be familiar enough with the phone to follow most any walkthrough's out there.

robyr

Reaction score
Yes. And DEFINITELY keep receipts just in case you get a case of the Buyers Blues and want to change up to one of the just released models. I for one will be sticking with the Droid. Too many possibilities to pass it up. Great to have you on the team, so to speak.

liam.

Reaction score
If its an upgrade why didn't you order the x? It will be out this week!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

robyr

Reaction score

Not everyone really wants the X. It is large, and not really all that open. Some buy phones based on their needs as well, such as a physical keyboard among others. In short: The Droid is useful to many people, even though it is not the current media love child (though, it was.).

iPirate

Reaction score
Great!

I suggest you clean up your contacts in GMAIL and make sure you search, a lot of questions have been asked and answered before!

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
congrats, i'd suggest getting to know your phone for a bit before you start rooting. You will encounter a lot less problems and you will be familiar enough with the phone to follow most any walkthrough's out there.

Thanks. I will make sure I'm pretty familiar with it before rooting, definitely want it to be as smooth as possible.

I was going to get the incredible, but I started doing research and found this and a couple of other sites and found out about the X and other phones. After doing some reading, I decided a rooted droid would do all I need a phone to do for a while.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Not everyone really wants the X. It is large, and not really all that open. Some buy phones based on their needs as well, such as a physical keyboard among others. In short: The Droid is useful to many people, even though it is not the current media love child (though, it was.).

Maybe not the media love child, but still mine!

I would be ok with the size. I'd probably also find a use for the hdmi out.

The droid's keyboard is something I seldom use. I can honestly say the X key has been the most frequently used key on that keyboard. But, it doesn't get in my way either.

I'm not sure I'd be ok with the moto-droid getting some android 3.0 features by year's end but owning a droid-x that stays on 2.2. Time will tell. I know I definitely wouldn't be happy on the inc waiting list while meanwhile an 8month old phone (rooted ones) were already running android 2.2.

8 months old and Scott still has made a good purchase. Welcome aboard Scott.

eliassami5

Reaction score

The droid's keyboard is something I seldom use. I can honestly say the X key has been the most frequently used key on that keyboard. But, it doesn't get in my way either.

I'm not sure I'd be ok with the moto-droid getting some android 3.0 features by year's end but owning a droid-x that stays on 2.2. Time will tell. I know I definitely wouldn't be happy on the inc waiting list while meanwhile an 8month old phone (rooted ones) were already running android 2.2.

The Droid isnt getting 3.0 fyi. The X will most definitely get 3.0

iPirate

Reaction score

The Droid isnt getting 3.0 fyi. The X will most definitely get 3.0

Who said that?

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I decided on the droid because after reading about all the phones I think a rooted droid is comparable to all the phones on the market right now and is able to be customized more than the rest. In a year or two the new phones will probably be head and shoulders above the droid, but right now I don't feel that is the case.

BTW my phone shipped this morning.