Options on car chargers

crazy51guy

Reaction score
What's up fellas, I have a quick question about car chargers. I tried searching but I'm just looking for the simple corded usb car charger, not the dock or anything like that. Do I need to pay $30 for verizons charger or is there another better and/or cheaper alternative that does the same thing safely? Thanks in advance droid peoples!!! :happy:

Postnsons

Reaction score
Try going to Amazon.com and type in droid for a search. I bought one at a truckstop for $10. It lasted one day..due to the angle of the plug-in on the droid I located on the window of my truck. The cable pulled right out of the connector. The charger ran pretty hot when it was charging, so I don't think it was the best choice.

Try Amazon.com and read the feedback.

I thought I should buy one from Verizon, however I noticed they seemed to be kind of "one size fits all" there, too.

OP
C

crazy51guy

Reaction score
^Good advice, thanks man. I checked Amazon and the only one I found with a few feedback was this one that costs 76 cents + ship and pretty good feedback.......LOL

Amazon.com: Rapid Car Charger (CLA) for Motorola Droid A855 / CLIQ: Cell Phones & Service

I noticed that about Verizon's accessories too. They honestly look like ebay products with a Verizon logo and about 10 times the cost...lol. Thanks again though, I might as well give this one a shot. Heck I could buy 20 of these before I would reach the cost of the Verizon one...:icon_rolleyes:

hguilfoy

Reaction score
I use the micro plug that came with my Droid and a USB lighter plug. works great and with no additional cost.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There re quite a few threads on the Motorola chargers, USB chargers from Monoprice, etc.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

^+1
This is what I did. The Droid is VERY sensitive to adapters and it's not worth damaging the phone to save $2... This is an actual Moto charger not a knockoff. I use it daily and it works perfect (note: to charge while using the Nav you need to plug the phone in BEFORE entering the Nav program. but I'm sure this is a OS error and not a hardware issue).