Opinions on some things please.

Skynet

Reaction score
So after much deliberation and shopping around for different accessories, I have decided to forgo a case. This was mainly in part because of having the cradle at home and in the car, I didn't want to have to keep taking the cover off everytime I got in the car, then got out of the car then got home, etc.

I have opted however for the ZAGG skinn, and before I actually purchased them, I wanted some feedback from anyone who actually had them. I really want to get a custom made one and was curious if the custom made ones cover just the back panels or if it covered the sides as well? How effective is the shield? Does it actually display the ZAGG logo on the skin?

naman919

Reaction score
I've used ZAGG aka InvisibleShields for years, from iPods to phones. The amount of protection does vary by the type of coverage you purchase. Their site allows screen shields as well as full body kits.

If you're looking for any sort of drop protection, then the full body kit is not going to do you any good. It is strictly made for scratch protection. The ZAGG body kit will not help protect corners/sides from impact.

Typically the ZAGG website will show you the coverage areas of the full body kits vs just the screen protection, so that answers your question as to weather it will cover the sides (sorry didn't see what type of phone you had before pressing reply).

As for the effectiveness, they're top notch. I have used Phantom Skinz, BSE and ZAGG. IMHO ZAGG aka InvisibleShield has the best, most consistent product. I have had issues with sizing and defects on PS and BSE, though ymmv, I have had some that were perfect too.

While on the expensive side of the "shield" game, ZAGG makes a good product and it's damn near impossible to scratch the shield. If you put it on carefully and remember that any impact might leave little dings/dents in the shield then you're good to go. The cool thing is, any scratch or ding typically goes away due to the self healing nature of the shields material.

Oh and NO, the logo isn't on the shield. It's 100% clear.

Give em a shot. Best of luck!

Lastly, if you get the body kit, after a couple months or so the edges of side pieces might start to get dirt around them and look ragged. Because of this, i've never bought the fully body protection after my first try. And like i mentioned, since the full body kit has no impact protection on the corners, I personally continue with the screen only kits.

OP
S

Skynet

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I was curious, however, about the custom made skins. I was trying to find out if those covered the sides like a regular skin.

naman919

Reaction score
you have an X. why would you need a "custom" skin? Zagg offers the full body kit and unfortunately it appears there are no side pieces in their diagram: ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Motorola Droid X Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

EDIT: If you click the max protection it appears there are some tiny side pieces, but I'm telling you, they get dirt around the edges and start to peel/turn yellow. Also, they're so small and have gaps in between that I can't see those really doing anything.

OP
S

Skynet

Reaction score
you have an X. why would you need a "custom" skin? Zagg offers the full body kit and unfortunately it appears there are no side pieces in their diagram: ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Motorola Droid X Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

EDIT: If you click the max protection it appears there are some tiny side pieces, but I'm telling you, they get dirt around the edges and start to peel/turn yellow. Also, they're so small and have gaps in between that I can't see those really doing anything.

I don't think you are following me. I'm referring to the skins with the custom images on them instead of a clear shield.