Opinions on google one storage upgrade over the free 15

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Reading the play store it seems like there are negative reviews like if your card is decline it locks you out if all your google services until fixed instead of just suspending the extra benifit above free

Chime in and let me know if anyone uses it and the pros and cons

I am only using 4.out of the 15gb free is there any benifit to me to upgrade to the $2 a month plan?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
I have subscribed to the 100 gb plan .. 1.99 a month for a very long time. I personally think it has been worth it, especially for keeping my photos safe all these years.

With that said, I am, however, considering dropping it because I now have 1 tb storage with my office 365 subscription.

Sent from my Note 10 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I subscribe to Google One, have for years for the 100GB of storage to share with the whole family. I like it, have never had an issue. I've never heard of anything about card declined, locked, etc. It also provides you with direct access to Google Tech Support thru chat. Which you would think is good, but every time I have used it I knew more about Google products, services and basic IT knowledge than the chat rep. But all in all the 100GB plan has been awesome for my family.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
That reminds me, with my microsoft office 365, now called Microsoft 365, not only provides the full office suite apps, 1tb cloud storage, but also includes phone and chat tech support for all the apps, including the windows 10 operating system. Pretty good deal.

Sent from my Samsung Tablet S6 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I pay for Microsoft 365 also. I rarely use a Windows computer at home, hardly ever turn it on, I switched to Chromebook a few years ago. I still keep the 365 subscription active to share with my kids since you can share with 5 devices.

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Wouldn't you be able to install Microsoft Office applications on your chrome book? I have office on my Samsung Note10 and Samsung Tablet, as well as on my Surface book (win10).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wouldn't you be able to install Microsoft Office applications on your chrome book? I have office on my Samsung Note10 and Samsung Tablet, as well as on my Surface book (win10).

I probably could but I prefer Chrome OS over Windows for every day usage and prefer Google Drive over Microsoft cloud products. After fixing Win 10 computers all week at work & helping people fix Windows issues I lost my appetite for them for personal use, and love the Chromebook / Google / Google Drive ecosystem.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have subscribed to the 100 gb plan .. 1.99 a month for a very long time. I personally think it has been worth it, especially for keeping my photos safe all these years.

With that said, I am, however, considering dropping it because I now have 1 tb storage with my office 365 subscription.

Sent from my Note 10 using Tapatalk
I have the 1 TB with my Microsoft account too google needs to bump up storage and be less buggy. I

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have the 1 TB with my Microsoft account too google needs to bump up storage and be less buggy. I

There is absolutely nothing buggy about Google Drive storage. Not sure where you heard that but Drive storage is Google's bread & butter right now. Nothing buggy at all.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
There is absolutely nothing buggy about Google Drive storage. Not sure where you heard that but Drive storage is Google's bread & butter right now. Nothing buggy at all.

They feedback on the Google play store seems to be overwhelming negative. Besides the negative reviews about billing and whole accounts getting locked out and google being unresponsive there does not seem to be many features available and offers way less then the Microsoft 1 TB