Operating System/Yahoo Mail question

jkinsey435

Reaction score
How do I know what version OS I have, name wise? I want to install Android-Sync to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar but it says it only supports Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread. In About phone it says my Android version is 2.2.1 so is that Froyo?

I figured out how to set up my e-mai thanks to the video on the Motorola web site and almost instantly got my e-mail messages from my 2 Yahoo accounts. However, what I didn't realize is that when I deleted messages from my e-mail on the phone, the e-mail also got deleted from my Yahoo accounts. Is there a way to set it up so that it asks me if I want to delete on just the handheld or the handheld and online?

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this phone. It seems everything that was so easy to figure out on my Storm is 10 times as complicate on the X. I feel like I need to go to school to learn how to use this thing. :icon_eek:

Technoman

Reaction score
How do I know what version OS I have, name wise? I want to install Android-Sync to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar but it says it only supports Eclair, Froyo or Gingerbread. In About phone it says my Android version is 2.2.1 so is that Froyo?

I figured out how to set up my e-mai thanks to the video on the Motorola web site and almost instantly got my e-mail messages from my 2 Yahoo accounts. However, what I didn't realize is that when I deleted messages from my e-mail on the phone, the e-mail also got deleted from my Yahoo accounts. Is there a way to set it up so that it asks me if I want to delete on just the handheld or the handheld and online?

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this phone. It seems everything that was so easy to figure out on my Storm is 10 times as complicate on the X. I feel like I need to go to school to learn how to use this thing. :icon_eek:

Yahoo isn't an exchange email service, so I don't think you will ever see the options that you would have on a BB that is attached to exchange.

There is an option to set that does not delete the message from the server when you delete from device, but there isn't a setting for "prompt" that I have seen.

I am not sure what parts of the phone you are having issues with, but I find that Android is 1000 times easier than setting things on the BB in all aspects. I have a BB Bold that I have to use for work, and I hate my BB compared to my Android.

OP
J

jkinsey435

Reaction score
Yahoo isn't an exchange email service, so I don't think you will ever see the options that you would have on a BB that is attached to exchange.

I'm not going through an Exchange server to get my e-mail on the BB. Maybe the devices handle the e-mail differently.

There is an option to set that does not delete the message from the server when you delete from device, but there isn't a setting for "prompt" that I have seen.

Can you tell me what that option is or how I get to it?

I am not sure what parts of the phone you are having issues with, but I find that Android is 1000 times easier than setting things on the BB in all aspects. I have a BB Bold that I have to use for work, and I hate my BB compared to my Android.

Well, straight out of the box I was able to figure out the Storm. It took me several hours to figure out how to set up my e-mail accounts on the Droid. It's like when I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista. A whole lot more bells and whistles and I don't know which bell or whistle to start with. Right now, I just want to get my Outlook contacts and calendar on my phone so I can dump the Storm.

Technoman

Reaction score

I'm not going through an Exchange server to get my e-mail on the BB. Maybe the devices handle the e-mail differently.

Can you tell me what that option is or how I get to it?

Well, straight out of the box I was able to figure out the Storm. It took me several hours to figure out how to set up my e-mail accounts on the Droid. It's like when I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista. A whole lot more bells and whistles and I don't know which bell or whistle to start with. Right now, I just want to get my Outlook contacts and calendar on my phone so I can dump the Storm.

Are you talking about Outlook that is attached to an exchange server, or Outlook that you have running on a PC?

OP
J

jkinsey435

Reaction score
Outlook that I have running on a PC. All my contacts and calendar appointments are done there.

OP
J

jkinsey435

Reaction score
Okay, I found a free app to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar but when it tried to sync the calendar it said "Default Calendar not found on this Android device." How do I set up a default calendar without having to go through Google?