operating problems while maxx is charging.

alzie22

Reaction score
I have a new droid maxx. I have noticed since day one, that if I am hooked up to my charger, I can't operate anything from the touch screen. I can navigate only from the apps, and when I get into an app, I can't operate it via touch screen. If I unplug the charger, it works fine. My wife has the same phone, no issues like this at all with her phone. Any suggestions?

Chachmo78

Reaction score
Have you "re-booted"? I highly doubt this will solve your problem, but it's the easiest thing to do. If not, have you used your wife's charger? Again, unlikely this is the culprit, but easy to verify. After that, I'd go to the Verizon store, with charger in tow and show them. Get a replacement.

One other thing... You said since you got it... Have you tried a factory reset to eliminate the possibility it is one of your apps?... More specifically, one that is NOT on your wife's phone?

Sent from my HTC Rezound

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a voltage issue. My D1 does this if using a cheap car charger or a charger from another phone.

Do as suggested above.

----posted maxx'ed out----

jstern

Reaction score
Sounds like a voltage issue. My D1 does this if using a cheap car charger or a charger from another phone.

Do as suggested above.

----posted maxx'ed out----

Did some experimenting. More likely an amperage issue or combo of voltage and amperage. Seems to behave best with a charger that does 5.1 volts and 750 mAmps output. HTH.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually I believe it's likely not either voltage or amperage itself, but RF Interference or slight ripple remnants from the AC. It's the charger's job to provide clean and well-regulated power to the phone for charging and powering the phone. Impurities in the final power output can cause fluctuations in the capacitance at the touch screen level, which can fool the digitizer into detecting screen-presses that aren't actually there, or confusing the digitizer causing it to have difficulty locating the real presses. This is often called "ghost typing". It's a common problem, which is usually worse with cheaper or third party chargers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: