Only 3g service?

joezek

Reaction score
Just got my white Razr, but it only says 3g for the connection. It's been a week so far. It's not really been faster than the X was. I get a much stronger phone signal then my other phones had, but same Internet connection.

Any ideas?

Trash Can

Reaction score
Is LTE enabled? settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks>network mode

Are you sure you live in a 4G area?

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
I've been through a lot of different areas this weekend, still only 3g service... Any ideas? I'm in South Florida 34996 area.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Have you ever had 4G with this phone? Have you done a factory reset?

If you still can't get 4G, take it to a a VZW store with verified 4G coverage and and compare it to other models on display. If you still can't get it while the demo models can, it sounds like it's time for a replacement.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LTE issues nationwide. Its frustrating I know but its going to get worse before it gets better. Hang in there.

Sent from Droid RAZR

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
I did a software update the day after getting it, that's as close to a reset its gotten. I really can't believe the major improvement in phone signal. My other phones wouldn't connect at home. I always had to drive down the street to get a signal for phone calls. This phone gets full strength and crystal clear too... inside the house.

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
I thought there was a problem with the sd cards and getting 4G service...? Anything I can check?

Trash Can

Reaction score
I thought there was a problem with the sd cards and getting 4G service...? Anything I can check?

Some people have had issues with sim cards, but I never heard anything with SD cards. If you want, power off your phone, remove and re-insert the sim card (SD as well if you like) and power back on.

Again, have you ever received a 4G signal on your phone? If not, do as I said in my previous post. You may (or may not) have a dud.

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
Haven't had 4G yet as far as I know. How do I do a factory reset?