Online vs. Instore

ninjabox

Reaction score
Well right now I have a blackberry and I want to get the droid x. I have work untill 3 on thursday and I think they might be sold out by the time I get out of work, but who knows. So I was thinking about ordering online, are there any advantages or disadvatages of ordering a ohone online????? When do they go onsale online, at 12 midnight???? thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've ordered all my phones on line. I think it's better to order directly from Verizon where they have a warehouse of Droid X then from a store at the end of day 1.

Better yet call Verizon and do it over the phone with a person. You can do it that way too.

soba1

Reaction score
I've ordered all my phones on line. I think it's better to order directly from Verizon where they have a warehouse of Droid X then from a store at the end of day 1.

Better yet call Verizon and do it over the phone with a person. You can do it that way too.
I don't know if I can wait; going to the store first........

Womp

Reaction score
It ships free overnight...one more day wont hurt. :)

Plus not only do you avoid the rebate but you will also avoid a Verizon Rep opening and fondling your new Droid X before you get to use it. Something I cannot stand the few times I didn't order online in the past.

OP
ninjabox

ninjabox

Reaction score
Well thanks for the input

But does anybody know what time you can start ordering them online usually????

Womp

Reaction score
Tomorrow night at midnight I begin the F5 assault. LOL

Rubi22

Reaction score
Tomorrow night at midnight I begin the F5 assault. LOL

^^^lol (didn't get it till i hit F5)

Might be a stretch, but go to your local Best Buy (they're doing "pre-orders"). Ask one of the reps if they know how many their store is receiving (mine did). If they don't have a full list, put your name down and pick it up at 3 when you get off :icon_ banana:

OP
ninjabox

ninjabox

Reaction score
Been to all local bestbuy's and they because bestbuy extended the preorder's they're not even sure if the will have enough to cover them all. I would be pissed if that was me. But my local verizon store's are getting between 30-40, but they said that tons of people have been trying to preorder. So I think online is going to be the way to go.

But when I was at the Verizon store last night, I got to play with the Droid X, all I can say is I want, I want, I want, I want,

DanG1580

Reaction score
Given anyone's previous experience in big smartphone launches with Verizon, do you have to get there much earlier than 8:00 am when the store opens on Thursday? I am excited to get the Droid X but I don't know how early I would need to get there. The store is really providing no insight on what type of crowd to expect that morning.

Any suggestions?

Mojo

Reaction score
Well heres something to consider about online vs instore.

first, do you find it convenient to go into your local store to be able to touch and feel a device? Or maybe pay your bill? Or in some stores actully talk to someone that is knowledgeable about their products?

If everyone decides to order online.. these nice stores that are convenient will eventully go away. Stores need to sell phones to stay in business. I'm just sayin

didiwags

Reaction score
It ships free overnight...one more day wont hurt. :)

Plus not only do you avoid the rebate but you will also avoid a Verizon Rep opening and fondling your new Droid X before you get to use it. Something I cannot stand the few times I didn't order online in the past.

I couldnt agree more!!! I normally buy online but the few times I went in store, especially this last time I was not happy the women was all over my phone doing all these things to it!! She even broke my old phone and had to replace it!!

jeffc103193

Reaction score
I spoke at length with a very helpful Verizon rep on the phone about this last week. She explained to me that the online rebate would be instant (which is significant), the entire process for utilizing my early upgrade, and that I could purchase it at midnight. When I asked what time zone the website was in so I knew exactly when to order it (I can be a little out there sometimes), the woman told me that it went by the time zone in which the user was located. I then made a joke about if being right on the International Date Line would guarantee that I get my Droid X first, she heartily laughed and then agreed. I can't wait for tomorrow night -- order the phone, order the multimedia station and a Verizon case, and then I can relax until it comes in :).

OP
ninjabox

ninjabox

Reaction score
^^^^^ What do you mean relax untill it comes in???? lol...I will be extremly impatient checking the status of my order every hour to see where it is lol...

Well thanks for your advice everyone. I think im going to just order it online to avoid the hassel of not knowing if I will get one after work or not.

Womp

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll stick with ordering online while all the maniacs go to the store. ;)

25% off accessories discount from work is going to make buying that dock easier to swallow too.