Ongoing Battery Problem

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
@OP
Really you're not getting too bad battery life. Its been discussed and 10% an hour with moderate use is normal. And you've got a display that takes a lot of juice anyways. So if you're seeing around 10% drain an hour I wouldn't complain. 12-15hrs isn't bad for these phones. ATKs will do more harm than good. And it doesn't look like anything extra is running anyways from your first post.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
S

SteveOSC

Reaction score
Actually, I feel totally right in complaining. The device was not meeting my needs. The battery life was ridiculously short, especially in comparison to the original Droid.

I went the same way as I did with the original Droid and wound up rooting it and going with the superclean rom, removing all the bloatware and changing the kernal. The result was tremendous improvement in battery life. It now lasts for the entirety of the day.

So if the device is capable of this sort of battery life, then I think complaining about the insanely fast drain when the device is stock makes perfect sense. The software clearly was not configured to take advantage of the hardware.

jimmy2179428

Reaction score
Are you guys using a dark or darker wallpaper? It will significantly help you when it comes to battery use with the amoled screen.

powell730

Reaction score
Task killer is bad for android systems. Do research and YouTube has a video explaining it too. Battery time light wont fix your issue, it sheds light on what the issue is and gives you approximate times. also reception, sync, web browsing, and brightness of screen are common issues. To shed more light on the issue at hand, a net books last between 5-10 hours depending on what you do. So a phone which has the capabilities of a laptop, one full day of use is quite efficient in my eyes for such a device.

Again, battery time light is a great app to start figuring out your issues for your battery drain.

If you'd like to get longer life, then get a bigger battery.

8pened!

I've read several articles claiming the same thing you said however, I've now owned the original droid and the sf. I've used both phones with and without the atk and have only noticed improvements, no negatives.

To me its common sense, you run a program it drains your battery right? So if an app I'm running doesn't close and just goes to the background and is still running then that app is going to continue to drain my battery...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App