Ongoing Battery Problem

SteveOSC

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on an ongoing issue with my battery life.

Firstly, this phone rocks. Smooth as it can be. I'm stock so far but am an experienced user with the first Droid in the realm of rooting, battery management, etc.

My battery life is terrible. According to my phone, in the 3h 21m since it has been unplugged I am now down to 60%. The breakdown goes like this:

Voice Calls-33% (The single call I made this morning was 5 minutes, 49 seconds.)
Display-29%
Cell Standby-13%
Phone Idle-8%
Android System-7%
Sys Info Widget-4% (Deleted this widget an hour or so ago hoping it might help)
Android OS-3%
Palmary Weather Pro-2%
Launcher Pro-2%
Dialer-2%

I have all of my other features such as GPS and WiFi turned off to conserve power. Anyone else run into these problems with the Fascinate? I have to charge the phone by mid-day typically. I'm hoping someone has came up with remedy already.

tintuk

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on an ongoing issue with my battery life.

Firstly, this phone rocks. Smooth as it can be. I'm stock so far but am an experienced user with the first Droid in the realm of rooting, battery management, etc.

My battery life is terrible. According to my phone, in the 3h 21m since it has been unplugged I am now down to 60%. The breakdown goes like this:

Voice Calls-33% (The single call I made this morning was 5 minutes, 49 seconds.)
Display-29%
Cell Standby-13%
Phone Idle-8%
Android System-7%
Sys Info Widget-4% (Deleted this widget an hour or so ago hoping it might help)
Android OS-3%
Palmary Weather Pro-2%
Launcher Pro-2%
Dialer-2%

I have all of my other features such as GPS and WiFi turned off to conserve power. Anyone else run into these problems with the Fascinate? I have to charge the phone by mid-day typically. I'm hoping someone has came up with remedy already.

I have the same problem. I even went to verizon last week and they swapped the battery under warranty, still no help.

shut down all tasks, uninstalled all apps that i added when i got the phone. big letdown.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
Root and try a different kernal...

My battery has been AWESOME...

There is also a battery manager app that is supposed to help really well. The problem is I have never used it so I don't know its name hahah. Good luck

tintuk

Reaction score

There is also a battery manager app that is supposed to help really well. The problem is I have never used it so I don't know its name hahah. Good luck

n0ob question- will rooting screw up getting 2.2 when its released?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
From what I gather, the two most mentioned battery mgmt apps are superpower & juice defender (juice plotter is recommended with this one, too). Both are in the market and have mixed reviews.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score

n0ob question- will rooting screw up getting 2.2 when its released?

Nope, you will most likely get it before it becomes official if you have root. And if you really just want a stock 2.2 then doing a Stock odin restore flash is suuuper easy.

Xda-developers find the Fascinate section, read read read before you root and make sure you completely understand what you're doing :D....

powell730

Reaction score
From what I gather, the two most mentioned battery mgmt apps are superpower & juice defender (juice plotter is recommended with this one, too). Both are in the market and have mixed reviews.

Do you have to be rooted in order to use these apps? I wanna use the 1 click root just so I can get better life out of my battery.. that right now is the only reason why I want to root.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Yes you do have to be rooted for these to work the way they're designed. But with all the support from these forums, rooting is really easy and hassle free if you read up & follow the process. I'm using superpower now & so far it seems to work as described but each situation is different so results can vary widely.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Battery time lite is what I use for my unrooted fascinate.

8pened!

M

Mwsr

My battery life is terrible also. I had juice defender and it didn't seem to help. I read reviews saying none of these apps work

powell730

Reaction score
My battery life is terrible also. I had juice defender and it didn't seem to help. I read reviews saying none of these apps work

I too used juice defender and didn't notice a difference even tho the app claimed it was saving me 1.6x more..

Bbaum

Reaction score
I downloaded advanced task kilker app and just use it to close all apps once I open them. The apps stay open in the background if you dont force stop them. The up arrow will not stop an app, Just pause it. And samsung has some crappy apps that turn on even when u never used them. Using ATK, talking on the phone, texting, playing angry birds, I have about 40% when I get home from work. Hope that helps. You can also turn off apps from auto starting.

powell730

Reaction score
I downloaded advanced task kilker app and just use it to close all apps once I open them. The apps stay open in the background if you dont force stop them. The up arrow will not stop an app, Just pause it. And samsung has some crappy apps that turn on even when u never used them. Using ATK, talking on the phone, texting, playing angry birds, I have about 40% when I get home from work. Hope that helps. You can also turn off apps from auto starting.

I use this too. Helps a little

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Task killer is bad for android systems. Do research and YouTube has a video explaining it too. Battery time light wont fix your issue, it sheds light on what the issue is and gives you approximate times. also reception, sync, web browsing, and brightness of screen are common issues. To shed more light on the issue at hand, a net books last between 5-10 hours depending on what you do. So a phone which has the capabilities of a laptop, one full day of use is quite efficient in my eyes for such a device.

Again, battery time light is a great app to start figuring out your issues for your battery drain.

If you'd like to get longer life, then get a bigger battery.

8pened!