OnePlus One XNPH38R Update Starts Rolling Out OTA; Fixes Touchscreen Issues & More

Homage

Reaction score
Dose anyone know if you can access root permissions straight from the box or do you still have to root your phone?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good morning my One+ peeps ...and we are off to the races...received my phone last night ..love unlocking and installing TWRP and root with a few fastboot commands ..took the OTA update and restored apps with titanium ..let's see this puppy perform now ..

One+1

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Looking forward to hearing what you think about it. :)

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks man ...so far good....need a case but don't like choices ...lol

I will give y'all my thoughts after a few days ..hehe

One+1

I have tried a couple. To make a long story short, I currently use the Ringke fusion. Best case I have tried yet. Great protection, looks sharp, and has a nice slim fit. Good grip too. I have also used the Pelosi (awesome texture, great fit, very little protection), and the Diztronic (ok protection, outstanding fit and look, too slippery).

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have tried a couple. To make a long story short, I currently use the Ringke fusion. Best case I have tried yet. Great protection, looks sharp, and has a nice slim fit. Good grip too. I have also used the Pelosi (awesome texture, great fit, very little protection), and the Diztronic (ok protection, outstanding fit and look, too slippery).

I'm using the Diztronic now ..not bad at all seems less slippery after usage ...how's the sides on the Ringke? I've seen complaints on loose sides

One+1

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Diztronic now ..not bad at all seems less slippery after usage ...how's the sides on the Ringke? I've seen complaints on loose sides

One+1
From what I heard, the early clear ones had loose sides. I have the smoke. It is solid, no problem with the sides. I like the diztronic too. It is a nice case.

Sent from my 1+(1)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am really liking this update so far (I know, It's early lol). Been finding a couple cool little extra features. My favorite is the scrolling arrows in the nav bar while typing. I can never seem to get to the right spot for a correction in a sentence without them due to my fumble fingers. Another cool one they put it is more options in the statusbar, specifically centered clock (Courtesy @Gman). Anyone else find any new stuff in this update?
Those scrolling arrows (cursor position), were in earlier Motorola phones and I used to love it. They're gone from the more recent phones and it's a bear getting the cursor positioned. Glad to see it on this phone. Maybe others will take the hint.

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those scrolling arrows (cursor position), were in earlier Motorola phones and I used to love it. They're gone from the more recent phones and it's a bear getting the cursor positioned. Glad to see it on this phone. Maybe others will take the hint.

Agreed! They really come in handy. Especially when you have fumble fingers like me lol. :D

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to use Swiftkey. There is no better predicting keyboard. I ended up starting to swipe and now I use swype keyboard. Only flaw is that they don't use Google voice. I end up alternating between swype and android L keyboard.