One touch Dialing Questions

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Old style cell phone where you had a keypad you could have 1 touch dialing ( on a flip phone you had to open the clam shell so 2 steps)
-On a droid phone you can set shortuts on the desktop og get an app than mimics one touch dialing but ...
For Instance on an ALLY you have to do the following let me know if there is a better way:
1) Press the end button to make the screen show the swipe screen
2) Swipe the screen to unlock or if using password protection unlock phone with swipe code
3) If the last app was your one touch dialer press the 1 touch dial and your calling but ..
4-6) if you are in any other app you have to press the send key to bring up contacts and 5-6) to scroll or call or use a favorrite or
4-6) press home key and press 1 touch dial shortcut unless its on different screen so scroll and then press shortcut on different screen
The biggest drawback I miss from old style cell phones that I put up wth grudglely is one touch dialing 1 step Press 4 CAll Home Press 3 CAll a friend etc

Is there a way to make 1 touch dialing faster than 4-6 steps someone said it can be done it 2 please explain more (If there is an existing thread with the answers link it here:icon_eek:

scottjb

Reaction score
I just press my phone button and the phone screen appears. Then I press and hold a button to use that speed dial. Is that what you mean by one-touch dialing?

jns.das

Reaction score
Old style cell phone where you had a keypad you could have 1 touch dialing ( on a flip phone you had to open the clam shell so 2 steps)
-On a droid phone you can set shortuts on the desktop og get an app than mimics one touch dialing but ...
For Instance on an ALLY you have to do the following let me know if there is a better way:
1) Press the end button to make the screen show the swipe screen
2) Swipe the screen to unlock or if using password protection unlock phone with swipe code
3) If the last app was your one touch dialer press the 1 touch dial and your calling but ..
4-6) if you are in any other app you have to press the send key to bring up contacts and 5-6) to scroll or call or use a favorrite or
4-6) press home key and press 1 touch dial shortcut unless its on different screen so scroll and then press shortcut on different screen
The biggest drawback I miss from old style cell phones that I put up wth grudglely is one touch dialing 1 step Press 4 CAll Home Press 3 CAll a friend etc

Is there a way to make 1 touch dialing faster than 4-6 steps someone said it can be done it 2 please explain more (If there is an existing thread with the answers link it here:icon_eek:

long press on blank space.
--->Moto Widget
------>Contact Quick Tasks
(Only choose 1 number for the contact)
--->Resize the block to only 1 X 1
------>First time you try to use it you will be asked.
"Enable One-touch calling for this widget"

If you do this you will end up with a 1x1 icon that if you press it will direct dial in 1 press... I really had to dig to find this. It was right on the Moto Droid 1. I now have the moto droid 2. Why would they burry this?

Anyway, functionality IS still there.

Jay

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Still an issue with one touch dialing as when you inlick your phone it still takes a few screens sometimes to get where you want

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I tried to edit the message above but the droid forums edit save button seemed tohave issuess
So I I a m posting this as a reply to myself

Still an issue with one touch dialing as when you inlick your phone it still takes a few screens sometimes to get where you want
I still have on my wish list that android would have a couple of options like the following

On the unlike phone (with a slide)
Maybe have a few different way to slide
1) Slide default (Opens Last Screen as it does Now)
2) Slide a different way (Ie diagnolly) it takes you to favorites or a user defined screen)
If favorites were then opened you could dial your favorite
2a) to make it more one touch Maybe a zig zag could call a specific favorite

Something like that would make one touch dialing much better

I still have the problem of it takes a few screen to call someone.

Addirionall the blue tooths in cars dialing by name etc varies by device maker and some models work better than others.
I used to have a parot that worked great but I wanted a stereo with Bluetooth Embeded so I went with a jvc but then it turned out that the jvc does not have Dial by name and I can't get it to work natively on the phone. So I digress Can someone through a link here on how to get Droid 2 Dial by voice working . Also on the JVC when the GPS is on it mutes the radio but does not play the sound through the speakers unless I plug a sterio cable into the Phone and switch input to Line IN. Which is an extra step.
Also on the droid 2 it has Number keys that you have to hit Shift(which is auto lock) to type Numbers so I end up typing numbers and trying to type text forgetinging its autolocked and I have to delete and re-type

So I am at the Point that I want the Droid 3 which has the 5th row of Number Keys Only
but it is not VZ 4g LTE so I I wouldn't be able to use the internet and talk at the same time which at the moment is only only available with the samsung Startosphere which I hear is a battery drainer and VZ sales couldn't imediately tell me if there was an extended battery.

SO I am Looking for Feedback on the Following:
Droid 3 or Startossphere or wait for a droid 4 ith LTE or other new phone

wyld

Reaction score
Almost every android device is gonna have that unlock screen step. You can also set a default number for multi number contacts to save you that one extra step. I have the Droid Razr I don't like phones with physical keyboard. That one extra step sliding your phone to open your keyboard. Lol its all about personal preference and how you want you phone to work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This may not be the answer to your questions, but on my phones, Droid 1 and now Bionic, I create a screen that is just for my direct dials. Here is how I set it up:

1. Long press the screen,
2. Select Shortcut/Android Widget, etc. (phones are different and selections vary),
3. Select Direct Dial
4. Select the contact/number you want

You will now have an icon on the screen that dials that number when you press it.

CAP201106061801-1.jpg

I used Gimp to create the custom icons and the app Folder Organizer to replace the stock icons with the custom icons.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Droid maxx has a good one touch dialing widget on home screen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums