One thing I am still confused with....backup

Reaction score
Is there a simple solution to backing up the entire phone? Settings, home screens, shortcuts, email settings etc etc etc

Hit like one button and back it all up and then if need be hit one button and restore?

So for example if your phone dies but before it died you did a backup to the SD card then you get a new phone for Verizon and put the sd card in and hit restore and boom your up and running just like you had the old phone?

thanks in advance for any insight.

Last edited:

bluedust

Reaction score
Is there a simple solution to backing up the entire phone? Settings, home screens, shortcuts, email settings etc etc etc

Hit like one button and back it all up and then if need by hit one button and restore?

So for example if your phone dies but before it died you did a backup to the SD card then you get a new phone for Verizon and put the sd card in and hit restore and boom your up and running just like you had the old phone?

thanks in advance for any insight.

I'd like to know this too, I know Google backs up your contacts and such, and I use Astro to back up my apps, but I'd love a backup program that just carbon copies my entire phone to somewhere.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out my backup pro and wave secure. See if either one of those float your boat.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Check out my backup pro and wave secure. See if either one of those float your boat.

MyBackup Pro allows you to backup to your SD card or to the vendor site. You can schedule the backups to run daily, typically overnight. You can select what it backs up. I'd like to see them add an option to backup to the SD card, and then upload to their server also. I'd also like to see some way to send the backup to my PC automatically.

segen77

Reaction score
so backup pro allows you to all your program settings, and your desktop layout? has this been confirmed by anyone on here?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I currently have both on my phone. Maybe a bit of overkill in the back up department but Wave Secure allows you to lock up your phone on line and it also allows you to wipe information remotely. Pretty cool and I think that's a free app. No auto scheduling though like My Backup Pro.