Direct Dial/Message

bishoy

Reaction score
on the original droid there was a shortcut in the menu for "Direct Dial" and "Direct Message". I used these shortcuts on the LauncherPro Plus dock so i can call/text someone with a simple touch of an icon. I had my settings backed up on my SD card so when i got my Droid2 all i had to do was restore my settings and the one touch dial/message still worked even though there isnt an option for that in the menu.

now my SD card is gone and i am looking for that functionality. does anyone know how i can restore that function and/or replace it with something that does the same thing?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
tHERE MUST BE A WAY. tHAT IS SUCH A GREAT FEATURE i WAS STUNNED IT WAS REMOVED.
i WAS TALKING TO SOME FOLKS AT THE BAR, AND SHOWING THIS GIRL SOME dROID TIPS. wENT TO ...
OPPS... ACCI-CAPS... sorry people.
She had a Droid X and when I went to show her how to do a DirectDial shortcut.... it was gone.

?!?!?!?!?!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to the Market and search direct dial. There are several free and paid apps that do the direct dial. I have a Droid and use the the direct dial feature. I would miss that greatly.

Mike

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
All I've found that was not completely ugly was Animated Widget. You tap the picture, then it brings up small circles around the picture with text, email, call home, and call mobile for you to click.